US$104
Apollo Hotel(Fuzhou)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 January 2016 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights. Very comfortable accommodations. Bed is great....not too hard and not too soft....sheets are soft and very clean. The washroom area is a bit different, but is very clean and has a normal toilet, shower and sink.

Hotel is 8 stories and we were on the top floor facing the river.

The rooms are small as is normal in china. As noted by others, the carpets are filthy and stained. I am certain that this is the norm everywhere, as the streets are dirty and guests wear their shoes inside the rooms. They provide slippers to keep your feet clean so it's no big deal.

The staff are very polite and friendly. None of them speak English. Luckily my wife grew up here and can communicate with locals. When I was alone and needed an umbrella, I just drew a picture of one and the lady at the front desk giggled and got one for me.

Starbucks is around the corner beside the Westin hotel. Great for North Americans as it is the same as our Starbucks.

Hotel location is very convenient, but there is no nightlife in this area....from what we could see. The hotel is connected to a mall which can be a bonus. There are also a few banks right outside of the hotel.

Great stay. I would recommend this hotel to others.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2015 via mobile

Was visiting a friend in Fuzhou. The hotel is located next to Wanda Mall. Lots of great food options in the mall. Plus the airport express bus leaves from this hotel. The only downside was that a man comes every evening to slip in a call girl card thru the door. The hotel is clearly aware of this but turns a blind eye.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
Christopher S, Manager at Jinjiang MetroPolo Cangshan Wanda Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2016

Thank you for staying MetroPolo, as China's leading mid market lodging brand with nearly 50 hotels across China. Glad you enjoyed the convenience of the hotel for restaurants and entertainment in Wanda and hope you used the Evening Social experience. The GM is now made aware of the massage messages nightly and will do their best to pout a stop to this. It is hard to do and all too common in China hotels. I am sorry you were offended every night of your stay. I ask you become a loyal brand traveler and use us again.

Reviewed 1 July 2015

The hotel certainly looks impressive from the outside with its LED light display. The lobby is always busy as there is a shuttle bus service to the airport. The reception staff were pretty slow and even with my chinese language skills, they weren't really too fussed about helping us. They tried to overcharge me for a map, even though the price was quite clearly printed on the front! The bedroom was a standard size for China but the carpet was covered in stains. The condoms next to the bed may have suggested what this hotel is used for most often. Good choice of bars and cafes behind the hotel in Wanda Plaza and very easy to catch taxis outside the front door

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marc H
Christopher S, Manager at Jinjiang MetroPolo Cangshan Wanda Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2015

Hello Birmingham, thank you for selecting MetroPolo hotels while traveling in China, we are the leading mid-scale lodging chain. After your comments we have some work to do. Not the perfect stay you or we at the brand HQ were looking for. I am so sorry for some unpleasantness and lack of service offered. The Wanda Plaza complex is of course a huge benefit to all the guests as you mention we have a super location. I hate reading of stained carpets and slow receptionists with pricey maps as a hand out. Well we can and will only get better and I hope you can try others in the chain next time to see improvements.

Reviewed 10 April 2015

Stayed here for nearly a week. Very comfortable rooms. Great breakfast buffet included. I highly recommend. The front desk staff does not speak English well; however, if you write out your request, they will attempt to translate. The shuttle to the airport is right outside the front door, and you are less than 25 yards from various dining, shopping, and nightlife experience. There is even a Walmart behind the hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms on the back side of the hotel provide the best view.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
Christopher S, Manager at Jinjiang MetroPolo Cangshan Wanda Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2015

We are so glad you enjoyed a week at one of the 40 MetroPolo hotels in China, the leading mid-scale lodging brand. You enjoyed the room and a good nights sleep and the east-meets-west-breakfast buffet a signature for our brand. Being located at Wanda Plaza sure does help all of your eating and entertainment options and the close-by airport shuttle also a great amenity. We are a Chinese hotel chain and we do strive to include one English speaking staff on each shift when we can. In Shanghai more staff speak English. But the reception staff did try harder to please you and communicate, this is good. Thank you for staying MetroPolo.

Reviewed 3 March 2015

This hotel is clean, modern and stylish. It is well located among many shops, cafes, bars and restaurants. Our room had a good shower, comfortable beds, good facilities and wifi. It was a really nice place to stay. No complaints.

The staff did not speak English.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank tombillinge
Christopher S, Manager at Jinjiang MetroPolo Cangshan Wanda Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2015

As Brand VP thank you for staying MetroPolo. We are so pleased you enjoyed China's leading mid market lodging chain. Clean and modern designs; plush bedding and refreshing showers are all a part of our brand standards. The location at Wanda of course is superb for entertainment and shopping. I am sorry that you did not meet anybody who spoke English, as at most MetroPolo hotels we strive to employee several, especially at reception. Come back and see us at another MetroPolo, there are 40+ in PRC