Le Meridien Xiamen
  • Pool
Gem Hotel(Xiamen)
US$36
Trip.com
All reviewshill sidesmall mountaingarden viewurban resortthe club loungehead chefquiet hotelbusiness tripnice staymany choicesswimming capf bswimming poolconcierge staffchinese restaurantstar hotelrooms are large
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 December 2011

I was in Xiamen for 1 night. I was expecting the worst when my company booked me at this hotel. But I was very pleasantly surprised. The hotel was very modern and clean in design. The rooms were average size, but very well thought out and on the hi-tech side. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was smallish, yet spacious and practical. And there was plenty of storage in the room.
I had the buffet breakfast which was was lovely to look at, but just ok to eat. As I find with most of Asia hotels, they have a hard time getting western breakfast to the liking of westerners.
Overall, I enjoyed this hotel and if I am ever in Xiamen again I will look forward to staying at Le Meridien.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
LEMERIDIENXM, Sales-Online Admin at Le Meridien Xiamen, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2012

Dear guests,it was very grateful you stayed in LE MERIDIEN Xiamen to experience our outstanding facilities and service.LE MERIDIEN Xiamen always regards providing the best with most thoughtful service as the biggest issue, it is so great our endeavor worked!Thanks again for sharing your staying exprience, we sincerely look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 5 November 2011

We stayed at this hotel on Oct.14th and 15th. 2011. while touring China. The room was nice and clean. The front and back gardens were beautiful and very well maintained. Both Western and Chinese Breakfast were served. Food was great. We enjoyed our stay very much.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
LEMERIDIENXM, Sales -Online Admin at Le Meridien Xiamen, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2011

Dear guest,thanks for choosing LE MERIDIEN Xiamen and your positive evaluation.Every single staff in our hotel felt very happy to provide the best service to you and can get the satisfaction from you.We sincerely looking for your staying again.

Reviewed 1 November 2011

The interior designers have done a great job. It was the most stylish hotel of my China trip. Looks like a resort and feels like holidays.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 23 October 2011

The hotel is located on a hill and hence gives visitors an excellent view over Xiamen. Although the location is not ideal for exploring the active night life of Xiamen, it is calm, safe and - above all - luxury and western standard at its best. I really enjoyed the service, food, drinks and rooms there.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
LEMERIDIENXM, Sales Executive-Online Administrator at Le Meridien Xiamen, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2011

Reviewed 7 October 2011

As a frequent visitor to Xiamen, I have stayed at Le Meridien Xiamen around 5 times since 2010 and it is my favorite hotel in the city.

The hotel is located on a hilltop. It is more like an urban resort rather than a typical business hotel. The decoration of the room is modern and chic, but as mentioned in other reviews before, the lightning in the room seemed insufficient sometimes. I have stayed on both SPG floor and Club floor. And to be honest, I did not find the Club room much different from a standard room in which they provide the same amenity. However, I really enjoyed the Club Lounge, where the staffs are helpful and friendly, and you can chill and have snacks and coffee all day. As much as I enjoyed chilling in the lounge, I did find the food selections during evening happy hour a bit limited (a mini buffet with only 4 hot dishes). I was hoping to have a full meal there.

The breakfast was very good, with many choices of both western and chinese food. However, the quality of room service was a bit below average. I ordered sandwiches and Chinese noodles a few times, and I have to say they tasted nothing different from those served at local fast food restaurants.

The pool was good, with two separate jacuzzi pools. During my recent visit, I found it interesting when asked to put on a swimming cap before I entered the pool area, which didn't happen before. Maybe it has something to do with local health regulations?

One thing I have to mention is that I always had troubles getting a cab at the hotel. The concierge staff usually asked me to sit in the lobby while they call for a cab on the radio or something. But a lot of guests (who came after me) just walked out and jumped in when the cabs arrived. And the concierge staff did not do anything about it and I had to get outside and stand in front of the drop-off area to ensure nobody would take my cab again. And sometimes when I came back to the hotel in a cab, the concierge staffs just did not bother to open the door for me, nor did they ask if I need help with my bags.

Overall, Le Meriden is still a hotel with good value given its price. It can certainly be better if the management pays more attention to some details. And It will still be my first choice in Xiamen before the opening of Westin and Indigo.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank raffywu

Dear guest, thanks for staying in LE MERIDIEN Xiamen.And feel very honor that you have overall good experience here.
You may probably found that the club floor can enjoy our lounge club/free internet /ironing some cloth/free late check out...etc..but standard room can’t, when the amenities in both types are basically the same. We very appreciate you enjoy your hour in our lounge club.
Swimming cap we would say in most public pool in Xiamen now is a request for is good for the health and cleanness.
Moreover, very thanks for your advice regarding the food of room service and the concierge people, at the same time, we are sorry if any inconvenience because of this, your suggestions we have passed to the management team. Thanks again for your sharing and hope LE MERIDIEN Xiamen have honor to always service you