All reviews walk in closet an upgrade air con huge room hong kong floor tub china region associate repair furniture internet mainland gym chinese cons
Reviewed 3 March 2018

Totally bad experience and definitely will never return again. Although I got an upgrade to a nicer room, however the room design is really bad. With all the lighting on, still feel like living in a dark cave. The air condition is really bad which do not allow me to have a good rest.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Septimuslow
Reviewed 12 July 2017

We are walking around near the hotel at around 5 pm. Streets were dirty. Bikes were coming from both directions and we missed one. A woman jumped off from a bike and started to attack us, swore and slapped us on faces and bodies. No one tried to help but an old man. This is the worst travelling experiences we ever had given that we had been many different countries in our lives.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 July 2017

This is the biggest hotel in Humen but streets nearby are dirty and residents around are rude.
We were wondering around in the area, bicycles were coming from both sides, we murmured ourselves about the situation and a woman jumped off from her bike, slapping our face and body and asking for apology without reasoning. We have never met such uncivilized resident (to tourists) despite that we traveled around the world all our lives.

Room Tip: Stay away from this district
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

This is a pretty typical China mainland "luxury" hotel. The furnishings, decor, etc., are all designed to look fancy, but the materials are so shoddy that even though it's a relatively new hotel, it's showing serious wear (stained carpeting, decorative leather wall panels all beat up at eye level(how does that even happen???), table top and glass surfaces starting to tarnish, wallpaper bubbling, etc.). Housekeeping was kind of a mixed bag--there was a literally and figuratively gross oversight when I first got to my room, but after that was remedied, it seemed okay. The staff speaks minimal English, and the restaurants are okay by my admittedly picky standards.

The one thing that I absolutely couldn't get over was the stench. Good gawd, what happened here? It was OVERWHELMINGLY musty and had just an awful smell. Every time I opened the door to my room, I felt like I was walking into a cloud of mold. Despite having AC, the room was constantly humid (my sweaty gym clothes from Day 1 were still damp on Day 5, even though I hung them to dry).

The saving grace is the gym!!! It was spacious, clean, fully-equipped, and essentially all the equipment was in good working condition. There are a number of cardio machines, strength equipment, dumbbells, yoga mats, and a large pool. It was a fabulous surprise for a Dong Guan hotel!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank FitBizTraveler
Reviewed 21 April 2017

My first visit to Mels welden was great. The staff are brilliant especially Eric Qin, my room was huge and likewise was the bed. its one of the best hotels I have stayed in over my 20 visits to this region. Other Aussies go here because of the friendly staff. Food is reasonable as is the pricing with a daily bus to the Canton fair at no cost

Room Tip: Talk with Eric he's the man!
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business