Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Vio.com
eDreams
ZenHotels.com
1,055 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 October 2012

This hotel is good, clean and staff are friendly. People speak English with is a big plus in China! The location is awesome. Very central, close to subways, food, McDonalds etc. The AC doesn't work well in this hotel. Looks like a standard cost cutting practice at Holiday Inn. It just doesn't go below 24C. Taxi drivers know where this place is. Take the hotel card with you when you go out. Reception staff are very very helpful.

Here's something to watch out for:
There's a pimp who approached us every time we came back from work saying "miss miss,.... miss miss" Annoying! I mean, really!? if we wanted to we could have walked down the street into the red light area and got our own! But who in their right mind would want this around your hotel?

If you're adventerous enough, go to the redlight area across the road. Not your usual kind of place where women sell themselves... its clean, super safe even at 3am and it even has kids and families walking around like its at anyother part of town.

Room tip: Stay on a higher floor.
Date of stay: November 2011
1  Thank AjayKamat
Reviewed 3 October 2012 via mobile

Not far away the threatre MTR station,many choice restaurant around the area,the room package include 2 buffet breakfast, JKMall just 5-10 mins walk and famous new St Regis hotel just next to it. We will come back for next visit.

Date of stay: October 2012
Reviewed 26 September 2012

Good hotel, located in a good place.
Breakfast included, altough the western options are just few.
Good room, with free wifi.
There is a McDonnalds in same corner.
15-20 minutes to nearest subway station.
Taxi always in the front.

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2012

My rating on this hotel is 3.7. The overall value is much higher than this.

First, the hotel can be a bit tricky to find as it is not right on the major street, although the taxi drivers seemed to have no problems (out of more than 10 trips), It is nice, clean, and neat satisfying the Holiday Inn Express global standards. This was the second time staying in this hotel after I started using Holiday Inn Express as my primary stay when I don't have to stay in hotels where my meetings are held. The feeling is the same even though my last stay was a year ago.

The best way to get to this hotel is by taxi, although there is a Subway station (Grand Theater - direct translation from "Da-Ju-Yuan") about 25 minutes walk away. I tried it a couple of times and while it is OK in the morning, it could be brutal in the hot and humid afternoon.

You will find me repeat most of the following in my review on HIE as, after three continuous stays in two countries and three HIE hotels, I am satisfied with the consistent quality. The room is neat and clean. If you are a person need good amenities, this is not your hotel. The room follows typical Holiday Inn Express standard: Shower, clean bed(s), hair dryer, desk, TV, free internet, telephone, tooth brushes, combs, shower gel and shampoo/conditioner are mounted on the wall of shower room, in-room AC control. Basic stuff, neat and clean. The room may be a bit smaller than normal US hotels, but it is good size for four-or five-days stay. In this hotel, it even provides a small refrigerator, which comes in handy in the hot Shenzhen summer. I did not see the refrigerator while I stay in Shangdi in Beijing.

Breakfast, simple Chinese and Continental, is provided and included in the room rate. You can also order lunch (and maybe dinner, I did not try) for about 30-40 Yuan RMB. Limited selection, but it is OK if you are not picky. You can get soft drinks on the "Lounge" in second floor. I don't remember they have alcoholic beverages (probably not). The sign said a "Convenient Store" on first floor; however, when I asked the front desk clerk, they pointed to a vending machine at the corner. There are a bunch of stores and restaurants outside the hotel, though (yes, with one McDonald's nearby as well).

There are washer and dryer in the "Laundry Room" but I did not try. You need to get the tokens (one for washer and one for dryer) from the front desk. There are detergents in the Laundry room but a lady doing the laundry told me you need to get a softener yourself. You an send for dry clean or launder as well.

There are a couple of things you might want to bear in mind to make your stay easier. First, the traffic condition in Shenzhen is getting more challenging during rush hours and you may have difficulty finding a taxi in the morning during rush hour. That means it is better you can have arranged transportation or using the Subway. Secondly, there is street in parallel with the hotel street (not the main street) with a lot of restaurants and shops. The shopping more is near the Subway station area but I did not have time to check it out. Also, there are a few mega department stores accessible by Subway in Shenzhen.

One thing worth mentioning is that the English capability from the front desk people are better than the ones in Beijing and, like the ones in Beijing, the front desk people are trying their best to be as helpful as possible. As always, if you find difficulty communicating with them, you can try to find a bilingual guest, which is not difficult to find as most of the tenants are business travelers like yours truly, to help you. Don't get frustrated ;-).

Date of stay: July 2012
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Our first night was terrible, found a small cocroach on the bed, carpet was stained and feels not clean. We can sort of tolerate this since it's a budget hotel - but definately not what we expect from Holiday Inn property.

But what ticks us off is the aircon which is really not cold. After the technician came and couldn't fix the problem, the solution from the reception is... to give us an electric fan. err, really? We complained 3rd time to ask for another room on the 19th floor - which seems much cleaner, colder air-con, but it has this weird mushy odour - but it's much tolerable than the previous room.

Room tip: Stay away from the smoker rooms.. Although not so smelly, carpet is stained heavily and it's generally dirty.
Date of stay: August 2012