La Fonte International Hotel
US$69
US$62
Priceline
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$74/night.

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 July 2014

There were hardly anything to rave about the hotel except its in the middle of a residential area & am not sure how many would want it that way? Staff is just not responsive, i asked for milk powder 3 times & they nodded in yes but the mil powder never came! this was just an example to convey that one has to be careful. it might be a good idea to pick up some placards in kanji which will help to communicate with them. I was in for a shock in the middle of my breakfast! the clock struck ten & they removed everything, although they offered me some fruits. there is hardly anything to see from the hotel except sky scrappers. rates are reasonable 600 RMB

Room Tip: 10th floor & above
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Yes, it seems to be so. This hotel has no bar. They serve drinks in the lobby's Maple Restaurant, and in the Chinese Restaurant on floors 5 & 6, but by my scoring system this doesn't count. One evening I tried drinking at the Maple Restaurant with colleagues, and service was slow and the drinks chintzy. Clearly not my kind of hotel at all, so read the remainder of my review with that in mind. A major early problem was internet failure. There is no wifi, so I used my room's Ethernet connection, which was OK. It worked, but was intermittently slow, and I lost connection a few times. One morning though, it was totally dead. I called the desk and nice young lady with a technician in tow came by and carefully checked it out, using my laptop for trouble shooting. They confirmed what I already knew, i.e. while the Ethernet connection was live, I was getting no service. They couldn't fix it and said their main IT guy would come when he started his shift at 8:00, just a short time afterwards. He did show up with a replacement router under his arm, showing he had a good idea of what the problem was, i.e. it happens frequently. Again using my laptop, he worked for half-an-hour or so in my room, and eventually fixed the problem by changing out our floor's router. Thereafter, the service was acceptable. The Maserati. Over the 4 nights I stayed, a weird guy had his yellow Maserati parked in pole position by the main entrance. Occasionally, he would check it out and roar up and down Jingtian Rd. a couple of times, then re-park it. Is he the hotel owner? Was he running a wake-up service? Does anyone understand this behavior? Is he protesting the bar shortage? If he's a guest, I would suggest he reassess his asset allocation, and move some of his underperforming Maserati fund towards staying in a nicer hotel. If he's the owner, I question his investment strategy even more strongly. The neighbors. My next door neighbors were noisy partying non-stop. Their door was always open, and based on the comings and goings to and from the smoke-filled interior, they were running a vice racket whose details I'd prefer to not know. Don't they know that in their business it's best to arouse as little attention as possible? The misery just doesn't stop at this place. The breakfasts are lame. Soggy potstickers, the only milk is sweetened condensed, no cheese, bacon served in a huge cold congealed clump, ... I could go on. And on. Perhaps just one more breakfast gripe, if you'll indulge me. A couple of times, I was there right at opening time, 7:00 or just after, and there was no coffee. I'll pause while you consider the implications. No coffee damn it! Just like a prior reviewer, I couldn't figure out the safe either. The bed was also too hard for my taste. Then there was the laundry caper. I sent three shirts and some pants to the laundry, but they didn't come back. I was sleeping off an n-martini lunch that afternoon, so I assumed they had tried to return my clothes but found my room in a do-not-disturb state. Nothing arrived that evening, nor the following morning. Note, this is a key detail: I asked a colleague to remind the desk that I needed my pants back. The condition of the ones I was wearing was proof enough. I went straight up to my room, and sure enough a few minutes later a menacing guy without a uniform arrived at my door with my laundry in hand. He demanded immediate payment in cash. He had my laundry, and I knew the front desk had sent him, so I assumed he was legit. I paid up. But he offered no receipt and quickly left. He actually didn't even want to give me a copy of the order, but I insisted. I didn't have to pay my hotel bill, which my hosts covered, but I will wonder until my last acrid mouthful of Beijing air, whether the laundry charge also appered on my bill. I bet it did. Finally, the pants were ironed flat. Did I look like I needed the aid of a sail on each leg, or cowboy chaps? Perhaps the desk had told the laundry that's apparently the style I prefer. I'm skipping my usual sustainability review. In this place, invoke survival mode, and don't think about the future. The whole place is seedy. There's gotta be be better options.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 February 2013

It is right across the street from a primary school. You can completely forget about being able to sleep in the morning at this hotel. At about 8:00 am in the morning you hear the school teacher or principal talking using a microphone that comes out on speakers of which you could probably could hear about a mile away!! Being across the street the sound comes directly into your hotel room. All day long the kids shout and scream before class and in between class breaks. If you have to be awake by about 7:00 am then this hotel is fine but if you need peace and quiet along with sleep then you need to look some where else because this hotel is a noise disaster on School days.

The doors are made of wood and are quite heavy so every time your neighbor goes in or out of their room the whole room shakes as the door closes as their is no noise padding or insulation between the door and door wall. The Chinese do not close their doors but rather slam shut their doors. This issue could be resolved by installing thick 3m padding between door and wall around the door.

The windows are non-soundproof despite them telling you that their windows are soundproof. You hear every honk and every word spoken from the school across the street. Owner is too cheap to
Install proper windows and proper door insulations which make guest rooms soundproof.

Room Tip: If you need a quiet place to rest and sleep do not stay here otherwise a good hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 October 2010

It is a good hotel, but will not stay there again. Half of the staff they promise is not true, I have stayed 4 weeks at this hotel and regret it. After one week wanted to leave but couldn't as I have singed the contract for a 4 week stay to get discount. They promised Deluxe room, received standard room. In my contract it stated I should receive daily news paper and fruit basket, never did and I was complaining every day. The room is very smelly, has the smell of urine so I had to change a room, the 2nd room was a bit better but dirty . Staff has no English at all, that was the frustrating part had to explain all day. There was no point in complaining as no one understood. 3 Star hotel not 5.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank eelbasjak
Reviewed 11 December 2008

I found this hotel while staying in another hotel round the corner. Since the hotel were I stayed was beyond expiry date I move to the Lafonte International Hotel after inspection.

The hotel was newly opened by the end of November 2008 and we were one of the first guest.

Lobby and rooms are very stunning. Rooms are large and have a nice bathroom too. The whole interior is very modern and stylish. At RMB468 a good choice.

Saying that, there were a few minor hick ups. My room had no internet connection and I had to change the room. After that my notebook needed a special network login. A hotel PC expert had to setup my notebook. After that it was OK.

Another technology problem - the electronic safe in the room was impossible to use and needs really expert training (and I am an engineer!)

Because of the low number of guests there was no breakfast buffet, just a menu. At RMB28 there was enough choice. Notable was the coffee, it's hard to find a better coffee in China.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)