US$130
Priceline
US$216
Hyatt.com
1,122 results
All reviewsthe executive loungechef clementgreat hotelgold memberbusiness tripcorner roomlounge accessjapanese restaurantfitness centersubway stationfutian districtrain showerbusiness hotelrooms are largewestern foodspecial thanksbreakfast buffet
Reviewed 3 January 2013

A nice hotel but surpirse they use JW for this property.

- the corridor design is a bit awkward, feel like a local 5 star hotel style in the 90s instead of an int'l hotel brand.
- my room 1814 with a really big pillar, which is hard for space arrangement.
- lots of variety for the breakfast but not the quality; and a few kids are playing "hide and run" game within the restaurant but no one try to stop them --> which is quite dangerous.

However, I found the bell boy is very helpful and professional. Also, the reception is kind enough to offer a small birthday cake and fruit plate after I mentioned the day was my tradional chinese birthday.

Room Tip: Avoid the room with pillar
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
JWMarriott_Shenzhen, Public Relations Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2013

Dear HerberLi,

We're really sorry about the problems encountered while you stayed in our hotel. We'd like to apologise for the inconvenience it caused you. we'll see what we can do to make sure it doesn't happen again!

Thanks so much for your comments about our concierge and reception! We're so please you enjoyed your birthday with us, and hope we will see you again in the near future!

Reviewed 28 December 2012

We've been staying at the JW for almost four years. This year I noticed the level of service and attentiveness has gone down. The hotel is spectacular. It's not located in downtown ShenZhen near the business district so Western style food is limited. But your in China so you should be eating local cuisine,

Hotel is very nice
Service is also very good but it has changed
Food, good especially if you like local cuisine

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank p f
Reviewed 28 December 2012

Over the last couple of years I have stayed at this property several times a year. On several occasions I have had my wife with me for just pleasure (not business) and shopping. Every time I have been pleased with the service and the care that the staff has extended to me. Many of the staff actual call me by name after a 6 month absence (impresses the heck out of me). I usually get an upgrade and stay on the executive floors. The 27th floor lounge is exceptional. They serve very good quality food, far superior to their counterparts in the U.S. They give you an option of eating breakfast in their 2nd story restaurant and that is a fabulous meal with just about any choice imaginable in both western and Asian breakfast. The rooms are nice and the bathrooms are great. They have a tub in the bathroom in front of a huge window that looks out upon the city. They have a shade that can be lowered. The beds are not the usual hard as a rock Asian style but very comfortable. The gym is really nice, well staffed with plenty of equipment and extremely clean. My wife has used the pool and remarked as to how nice it was. She has also used the spa on the second floor and I nearly had to drag her out of there. The only downside is the location. You have to want to stay there. It is out of the way. If you use the subway (easy to get around the city) it is probably about a 20 minute walk. I use the subway when I want to shop. The walk at the end of the day is long with packages. The traffic can be quite difficult to get around in a cab and the subway is usually faster even with the walk.

Room Tip: The higer the floor the better the veiw!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 December 2012

This is an excellent hotel and one that I have stayed in many times. However for the first time I was assigned a room with a pillar. I am afraid that the pillar takes up a large amount of floor space and the bathroom that came with the room was much smaller than the bathroom of any room we have previously enjoyed when staying in the Hotel. Also because this room (I cannot remember its number) was at the very far end of the hotel, the wifi reception is very poor.

In my case, I asked for another room, pillar free and a satisfactory room was provided immediately without any problem. Save for this my stay was as excellent as ever and, subject to avoiding a Pillar room, this remains an excellent place to stay.

Room Tip: Stay away from a room with a Pillar.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 December 2012

While the location of the hotel is not the greatest in Futian, compared to marco polo. This hotel certainly maintains the JW standard!

Amenities and in house restaurants are excellent. I really like the Japanese restaurant there.

I highly recommend this place and while I'm a Gold member with marriott i don't see myself coming here as I no longer get corporate rates with them. This would be my hotel of choice if I did get corporate rates here :)

Great place to have meetings, weddings, events. professional staff and very helpful/friendly.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business