Lowest prices for your stay
US$97
Free cancellation until 27/08/22
Hotels.comUS$77
PricelineUS$54
Destinia.comUS$1,605
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 September 2012

booked a 2D1N stay in standard room w/breakfast. location is great, underground mall is accessible through hotel lifts and is near to border gate. is my first time to zhuhai, have not tried other hotels.

room is fantastic! smoke free and very clean room with comfortable bed. check in was a breeze and guided you the facilities they have. full glass bathroom with bathtub. you can enjoy your bath and watch tv through the glass.

quite a few eatery around the place and also near to bus terminal.

the customer service is impressive! we actually forgot our passports and money in the safebox after checked out. the manager tried to contact via mobile and also the agent i booked this hotel with but my network was down hence she kept the money safely till i called them. all was intact. god bless! really appreciate their service.

would stay here again, you pay for what you get.

Date of stay: September 2012
2  Thank eliteshan
Reviewed 8 September 2012

You could go to Macao within 15 mins. by walk. Service was good. Breakfast was good too.
Disappointed that the swimming was under maintenance.

The room was clean. A big supermarket is nearby. A local underground shopping mall was under the hotel.

Date of stay: September 2012
2  Thank CheungF
Reviewed 25 August 2012

I actually stayed here last year but never got around to writing a review... so here's a few words.
Location, location, location: This hotel has it in droves, literally 3 minutes walk once you exit the border controls, you can't miss it, big golden building, reminiscent of the Wynn Encore...
Value: If you get a good deal (about 500RMB), OK go ahead, but paying more seems a bit too much.
Breakfast: Good, ample selection and choice.
Pool: Terrific, a huge plus here as not many Zhuahi hotels have pools (with this sort of location attached).
Rooms: Excellent, comfortable, high quality furnishings.
Service: As you would expect, excellent, but need to watch out I notice a new hotel called the LHotel gone up right next door and am hearing very good things about it, and cheaper too... also one or two new hotels being built in the close proximity ...

Currently though, with my hand on my heart I'd have to say one of the best hotels in Zhuhai...

Room tip: Views of the square, by the border entrance are a little more 'interesting' than the opposite side...
Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Booked a weekend Formula Renault driving at Zhuhai International Circuit and chose to stay at an Executive seaview room in Charming Holiday Hotel this time. We previously stayed at the Zobon Art Hotel which was recommended by the track staff. All in all, I would say that the hotel exceeded my expectations.

Decor/facilities - Nice bright room with nice seaview. Charming has much better/newer decor, finishing is not bad; bed is not your typical cardboard bed typical of a hotel in China. Room was clean with wooden floors as opposed to yucky carpeted floor. Wasn't sure about the open bathroom but it has everything in it.

Staff - friendly, helpful, has a "can-do" attitude and English speaking.

Restaurant - both Chinese and western food are acceptable and look clean. We had hamburger and Chinese congee. Didn't try breakfast.

Facilities - nice pool and gym.

Location - close to the Ferry pier (around RMB 20) about 30 mins away from the circuit.

Couple of points noted (nothing to do with the Hotel itself) - The hotel seemed very busy when we checked in at about 9pm on a Saturday and was full of loud guests who would just bash into you, smoke in the lobby and jump queues. The guests in the room below us was having their TV on so loud at 3am in the morning and we could clearly hear what was on. This is followed by packing noises, luggages bashing into walls and slamming of doors coming from various different directions at around 5am. Not sure if this is to do with the hotel being right next to the border? I am not sure where people are going (maybe off to the Macau casinos or rushing to get on a train or something) but the noise was quite disturbing.

Sunday night was absolutely fine as most guests have left the hotel. Try and avoid checking-in over the weekends, if possible.

In addition, there is a faint smell of cigarette in the room despite we have requested a non-smoking room on a non-smoking floor (I guess pretty unavoidable in China) - a Jo Malone Pomegrate Noir would be a perfect fix for that.

Would definitely stay here again if we go back.

Room tip: Definitely a sea view non-smoking room. The executive floors are quieter.
Date of stay: August 2012
3  Thank Fifi C
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Gotta love how the words translate / are translated into English! The gentleman working the front desk when I checked-in was named 'Desire'.

Anyway, I stayed at the Charming Holiday Hotel earlier this year in March and it was very nice "Westernized" hotel with some interesting quirks but nothing that was detrimental to my stay.

Service (4 stars):

Front desk and other staff are friendly enough. Their level of English is very basic for the most part (to be fair, it is China!) but it didn't cause any problems.

Value (4 stars):

I can't mark up or down for this as the company I was visiting also paid for my hotel stay.

Sleep quality (4 stars):

Beds were nice although no, I didn't sleep well. It's hard to be fair when you are jet-lagged and are working or are out to dinner from 7 AM to 10 PM.

Cleanliness (5 stars):

The hotel is very clean, especially when judging by Guangdong standards. Westerners, fear not.

Location (5 stars):

To be honest with you, the location was somewhat inconvenient for me for business reasons as the company I was visiting was an hour away by car, but I can see why they had me stay at this hotel. The hotel is literally right next to the border crossing with Macau and you can walk across - just be aware that the border is not open 24 hours. The area around the hotel is bustling with people and I felt relatively safe walking around when compared to other parts of (mainland) China. The waterfront, which looks like it was just redone/revitalized, is a few blocks east and is really nice for a walk/jog.

Rooms (4 stars):

Rooms were very nice and "Westernized" although the bathroom situation is quite odd as it isn't a separate room (yes, the toilet and the shower are part of the main room, too, with just a partial divider separating them from the rest of the room, which I assume would make things a little awkward if you are traveling with someone).

Breakfast (4 stars):

The breakfast buffet was good, and, as always when in China, make sure to get your fill of the breakfast because you never know what you're going to be eating later!!!

Additional information/tips:

- I wish I would have had more of a chance to explore the area around the hotel as it seemed very pretty during the day and very lively at night

- As mentioned, staff does not excel at the English language, but don't hold that against them - they are friendly and helpful, just be patient

Not sure if I'll ever get a chance to go back to Zhuhai, but if I do, I'll try to stay here if I can.

Room tip: Get a room on a higher floor facing east/south!
Date of stay: March 2012