See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 May 2016

We enjoyed our stay at South China Hotel. We booked the cheapest room, Garden View with no elevator, however there was no garden view but this was not a problem for us. The room was clean and nice with 2 big double beds. The pool was closed on the first day and the hotel did not inform us of this when we made our booking, which was a shame since we had only booked the place for 2 nights. Also, we found the breakfast to be expensive at 78 yuan each as we are both vegetarians and there was very little choice for us. The hotel has a private beach entrance with some sun beds and the overall surroundings are very pleasant. We still enjoyed our stay here and would come again!

Date of stay: April 2016
1  Thank Stephanie R
Reviewed 30 January 2015

I paid extra for the sea view room. The sea was visible when the tide came in. The receptionist said that was the sea view.

The room safe did not work, the toilet did not flush properly. Reported these faults but nothing was done.

No wifi in the room, had to go downstairs. Last night I stayed in a 100 RMB hotel that had room wifi. Simply not good enough.

The beach access is great but there are other hotels similarly positioned.

The restaurant was very good with friendly staff. They deserve better. Stay elsewhere but do visit the restaurant.

Room tip: Go to another hotel
Date of stay: January 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lydia79
Reviewed 31 October 2014

I just book it from with the chinese website, i paid the rooms for 300RMB per night. They call me later to tell me that i book the price for chinese people and they can't give me the same price as i'm a foreigner. It's a huge shame

Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Gao t
Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

We had booked this 4-star hotel for two nights. First of all, there is nothing 4-star about this hotel at all. The receptionists don't speak a word English and the check-in procedures take long. The rooms are large but very poorly furnished, the sofas have foodstains from previous guests. The absolute worst are the bathrooms, you can smell the mouldy shower curtain as soon as you enter. The shower is filthy!
Breakfast is another disappointment as there are no seats available and the buffet set up, choice and quality is horrible.
What's really putting me off is that this is not a cheap hotel.
All in all I have no idea how this place can be rated 4-stars and I would advise anyone to avoid staying in the south china hotel.

Date of stay: February 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Weihaidii
Reviewed 7 August 2013

South China Hotel is a very nice beach front hotel in Sanya. We stayed in one of the deluxe sea view rooms with balcony and had a really good stay. The room was comfortable. The pool area is nice and clean and the beach was also a nice experience. There was plenty of room both at the pool and the beach. The hotel provides towels at the beach free of charge. The Russian restaurant in the hotel serves good western style food, and there are plenty of other restaurants within walking distance.

Room tip: The deluxe seaview rooms are really nice
Date of stay: July 2013