Resort Golden Palm
US$170
  • Beachfront
US$85
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$96/night.

US$74
Club Med Sanya(Sanya)
US$444
clubmed.us
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

The hotel is located on the main street, but is surprisingly quiet. The hotel provides a private strip of beach to swim and sun bath, which is a great option. There is a lovely garden in the back, and the swimming pool is quite nice. Five stars if the hotel can control the Chinese from smoking everywhere.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2013

All in all the hotel is good, but If you're young and looking for entertainment this hotel is absolutely not for you. Even all this Yalong Bay not for you)) It's better go to Dadunhai
Pluses
- Good breakfast,
- Good swimming pool
- Clean beach is near hotel
- Very nice veranda! During the breakfast you will enjoy the landscape

Minuses

-Quiet atmosphere... VERY Quiet
- Staff doesn’t speak English at all. To explain them what is fork absolutely impossible.
- The rooms are so so, actually, they are stale and some closets are needed to be repaired

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Phantom_1988
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Worst hotel/resort! My tip is don't come here! Terrible service & facilities. Dirty rooms. No continental breakfast.
Stuff don't speak English.
It's a quest - to order the bottle of wine on dinner.
Run away!

• Stayed: May 2013
5  Thank DNPj
Reviewed 11 March 2013

This place has location going for it, although construction next door detracts somewhat, the semi private beach across the street, is well looked after and not cluttered with roving vendors, a big plus.
Starting with the checking process, at least 20 minutes, the staff seems unaware of what customer service is supposed to look like. The housekeepers are at least friendly, and do a reasonably good job, keeping the rooms clean, always a challenge with the sand that inevitably gets tracked in. Because my feet are too big for their complimentary flip flops , I chose to go barefoot through the halls, and lobby. My soles were quite black after a return trip to the breakfast.
The complimentary breakfast was good, with a fair assortment of items, however, where the staff is generally slow to get things done, by 10:02, everything is put away- hardly the right attitude when you are at a resort.
Rats are everywhere in China, and this place seems to have its own, sitting in the lobby using the wifi, ( it doesn't work in the rooms, only hard wired), I wafched one work his way across the lobby. None of the staff seemed concerned, and that kinda sums up the place. Great location can only do so much for a hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the south facing side, construction next door starts early, and will do so for several years, by the looks of it. Those will be rooms with even numbers such as 1102-1130
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank cypressday
Reviewed 2 January 2013

This place is a prime example of how China strives to Be mediocre.

the staff was just 100% apathetic towards anything. I don't think they would have even bothered to pick up a fire extinguisher if they found a fire. Like I say average for China. The rooms were cleanish but with some large cracks in several of the walls, there was sand on the floor , the towels were a very dingy white and we had a smell of mold in our room. We were in the new renovated side as well. Our sea mountain view was mostly parking lot. The wicker furniture reminded me of cheap stuff you might put outside as just a place to sit in your backyard when you want to bbq.

The food. The dining area was ok, easy to reach with a nice view of the parking lot. The food however, was terrible so we tried our best to eat out at some other places. Even my wife who is Chinese couldn't believe how they could managed to screw up cooking Chinese food. The breakfast buffet was ok with the best thing there was the fresh fruit.

Now the beach and the swimming pool in my opinion were very nice. The beach was clean but I still left the water with pockets full of slightly oily plastic that I found floating in the water. One thing that really pissed me off was again their cheapness. They had nice beach umbrellas and lounge chairs for you to use after you paid the hotel surcharge. I swear anything they could do to squeeze another Mao out of you they would. The swimming pool however was top notch. My daughter loved it. A very nice large children wading area with fenced off deep end on either side.

My biggest problem was when the hotel told us that the ATM in their lobby that ate my card wasn't their problem. We had to fight with them for several hours to get them to service it as our flight was leaving early the next day. Even though they allowed it there and of course make money off of it they just wanted to pass the buck and ignore that there was a problem.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family