Yalong Bay Golf Club
US$93
US$80
Trip.com
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 May 2013

The hotel is not on the beach; as the name says, it faces a golf course. The location is very quiet.
Compared to other mega-resorts in Yalong Bay, this property is relatively smaller (only 4 floors).
Staff is friendly.
The beach is only a short walk away (around 250 m).
The hotel has a nice swimming pool, partly tiled and partly with natural white sand.
During our stay there were only few guests, therefore breakfast buffet was not available. Instead, we could choose a maximum of 9 drinks/dishes (some Chinese style, some Western style) among a menu with multiple selections. Food quality was good

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Played on a Sunday morning before coming home. The round is expensive about RMB$1300 and rental club R580 series at RMB$300. Shoes and groves I brought along my own. I was assigned a "golden caddie" and tee off at 7:05, 1st flight. Caddies to me was avg, not the best least not "golden". On our 6th hole we started to jam up with front flight, that's when I heard some of the ridiculous rules:1. some flight did tee off in front of us so they can squeeze more flight in, but we are the 1st flight so ???? (2) we saw 1 buggy goes to the fairway, ask why and reason is cos if 2 players take on 1 caddy instead of 2 the buggy can go on to fairway, another ??? (3) there was 2 players in my flight and when we reach 10th hole, another buggy drove up with a player and joined in! Can I say "no", another ??? (4) there was 1 hole not sure which one ? But the tee off right side is next to a row of 3 stories houses. I hook it left cos any slice will hit one of the windows. See the pic I post. The estate development cuts too ridiculously close to the course and it s just unbelievable. The caddie says it is very common to hit the balls into somebody house, another ???. I did not have a good finish and I wonder why, another ??? Only thing I like the scenery minus the houses around. Golfly yours!

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 21 October 2011

Good value for the area. Good golf course and friendly staff

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 1 August 2011

This is a great place. We stayed as a couple for one night and felt very luxurious... Rooms are clean and comfortable, the pool is quiet and relaxed and the staff is very welcoming.
There is NO private beach at Yalong Bay but it is just a 10 minute walk to the beach and paying like 100 RMB for the day you will get two sun chairs, one umbrella and private towels of the Cheraton hotel e.g.

Definetily go there and enjoy a 5-star night.

We did not golf there but no need to, place is great anyhow

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2011

We didn't stay here but played golf here. We enjoyed the course, although we would say it is just an average golf course. We have played at more beautiful courses elsewhere in Vietnam at less expensive fees. We enjoyed Sun Valley Golf course much better and better value for money. The Sun Valley course is Mountain course and much more challenging.

• Stayed: July 2011