US$84
US$99
Trip.com
US$106
US$75
7 Days Inn (Jinan Lishan Road)(Jinan)(Great Value!)
US$16
Free cancellation until 05/08
US$41
US$31
  • Fitness centre
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 April 2017

The Zhonghao Grand was not so grand as I expected.
Having travelled in China extensively I have seen many good ones but unfortunately this one isn't within such category.
The room was average, not so clean and the bathroom was really odd. Here you find nothing where you would expect it - I'm not sure wether the architect knew what he was doing while designing the layout but I'd rather say he didn't.
Breakfast and dinner buffet was good and hed even some decent western food.
Service was"chinese" but as usual communication is really difficult if you don't speak the local language - only the reception staff was a welcome exception to that.
All in all ok for business.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 March 2017

This hotel is quite old, comparing to others that i have stayed. When i stepped into the room, i smelled something bad from the bathroom. The carpet on the floor is very old and smell.
Breakfast is below average. I couldn't find meat. Mostly they provided vegetables in chinese style. Breakfast started from 6.30 am which i think, it's quite late for business people. I was ready 6.15 am and had to wait outside until they opened.
People at the lobby cannot speak English and sometimes don't understand English, too.
Location is great for shoppers. All the shopping malls are just across the street. You can enjoy 4-5 km. of shopping street.
I stayed for 3 nights and i paid for 3 nights. BUT, the receipt showed only 2 nights, so i asked them to revise. They decided to pay me back one night (around 500 RMB) and let me go because people were waiting in the line. So i left hotel and few hours later they called me to come and pay back 500 RMB. I don't think this is a good solving problem skill at all :(

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 October 2015 via mobile

Don't let the acres of marble lobby fool you, it's mediocre at best. I needed to fix a problem, I went to reception at 5pm, and was given a post it saying "for English speaking come back tomorrow 8:30am." This is better than most provincial Chinese hotels, but still nowhere near what western travelers expect. Rooms comfortable, but showing their age, and in need of deep cleaning and basic maintenance. Badly organized breakfast buffet, very few selections for European tastes.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 November 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 7 nights on a recent business trip. The hotel was booked by the organization who invited us and claimed to be an oldie but goodie...

We were offered high floors and executive rooms.

Check-in: Smooth. No problems at all. Lobby is an old China style 4/5 star hotel. It's like back to the 80s.

Room: Deco is old, nothing fancy. Spacious room. Clean. Internet speed is good. The problems I have are from the bathroom. There is this really strong sewage smell which I could not work out where it is coming from on the first couple of days. Then I realized, it's actually coming from the bathroom ventilation. I tried closing the bathroom door at night so it does not get into the room, but the bigger problem is, when you open the bathroom door in the morning, you get the whole night's-worth of smell attacking you all at once. So I ended up opening the windows of my room, and let the bathroom door open so at least I'm getting it in smaller dose.
Other interesting things about the bathroom is includes: all room towels are pre-packaged with a note saying it has been sterilized. Of course it's nice.. Then the second thought is... What about other things in the rooms that has no more about "sterile" items..
Also, there are condoms with price tag in the bathroom. I've been told that happens to some hotels.. But unfortunately this is the first time I see this considering all the traveling I have been doing .... Sorry, this just gives me creeps.... And I start to think about what happens on the bed and whether it's clean...

On a plus side, the room gives you little souvenirs plus a hand-written note while they turn your bed. And what they give you depends on what they feel and see in your room. My female colleague had a pair pink slippers, while I had a bookmark because they saw a book on my bed.

Elevators: even though they have 3, the computer program of the elevators don't seemed to have programmed very well... Took me ages to get down every morning.

Breakfast: great spread. But very local China style.

Check-out: smooth and staff was helpful.

I'm sure this hotel had surely had it golden age ... But they need to really think hard in order to compete with all the larger and nicer international brands around.

All in all, I have mixed feelings about this hotel. I don't know whether I would recommend it... If I'm on a budget, then yes... But if I can afford a bit more, I would go to an international brand which you see a lot around Jinan.

Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Thomas L
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Zhonghao Grand Hotel, No.165 Jiefang Road, Lixia District Jinan.
Centrally located business hotel in downtown Jinan. This is an excellent hotel and one of the best appointed rooms I have stayed in at at excellent discount rate. The check-in staff need training on how to be a bit friendlier to customers as found them (limited English evident) officious.
The high floor (25th) and good insulation keeps almost all of the street noise out, allowing for a restful night. Large, hard bed with excellent quality linen; will ask for softer bed next time. Mini bar, excellent in-room WiFi, CNN and BBC English channels, in-room safe and excellent airconditioning to keep the 'fog' out. Coffee and tea making facilities and a very large range of hotel accessories offered for sale in the room; probably the reason they take an additional 400RMB (US$60) deposit on check-in. The breakfast buffet was included in my tariff and it was extensive. The menu is almost exclusively Chinese cuisine; however you will have no trouble having a full and healthy meal. The coffee was terrible; typically Chinese-style, pre-prepared with lots of sugar and milk. Went for the tea instead.
Good location close to the canal and tourist attractions with reasonable range of restaurants within walking distance.
Very happy with the experience and the price and will gladly stay there again. Highly recommended with any discounted deals available.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business