Somerset Riverview Chengdu(Chengdu)
Priceline
US$172
  • Pool
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$192/night.

US$198
US$166
InterContinental
  • Pool
All reviewscrowne plazaschengdu citychunxi roadbreakfast buffetrooms are smallnice roomstayed here for nightslanguage barriertianfu squarethe club loungechinesechinaadapterupgradesgymthermostatgm
Reviewed 6 November 2016

I was given a room on an upper floor (22?) which was supposed to be non smoking, but as soon as I got off the elevator, the stench of stale cigarette smoke was overpowering. I checked other rooms on the way to mine, and they all had no smoking symbols. Entering my room it was the same smell, but even worse.
Went back to reception, explained, and was given room 1013. The 10th floor was fine, and the room was almost free of any hint of cigarette odor. Obviously they knew which floors were good and bad, but had given me a stinking room first, maybe just to see if I’d bother coming back down, since it was almost midnight.
In both rooms, the carpets were terrible, stained, and in the room I stayed, I saw long black hairs in several places. The tub faucet dripped, which I only found out as I was in bed trying to get to sleep after midnight. The air conditioning did not work at all. The room was too small.
Not at all Western standard. I’ve been to other North American brand hotels in Chengdu that charged 30% less, and which were perfect, even nicer than they are back home. Not the Crowne. As I tried to get to sleep, I said to myself “What a dump”. I almost never write reviews, but this should be reported. It should be easy to verify that the carpet in the photo I attached is the same carpet that's in the rooms at this property.

Room Tip: All room carpets disgusting. Verifiable that the carpet in my photo is the same carpet in the rooms at this property.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
GuestRelationsCTUCH, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chengdu City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2016

Dear guest999971

Very sorry to read the poor impression you received at the hotel during your recent visit. I am sorry you were obliged to change rooms due to smoking and that the condition of the room was not to a high standard.
There are rooms such as the Premier and Executive rooms that are a more modern contemporary standard and we will start our next phase of refurbishment within the next two months. I do hope there might be another opportunity to regain your good will and I would be happy to assist you for your next visit.

Reviewed 31 October 2016

The rooms are very nice, and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I needed a taxi on a couple of occasions and the concierge wrote out the name of my destination in Chinese on a card and helped to call the taxi for me. The breakfast buffet was very good, with a wide range of choices and an attentive staff. The location was great.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
GuestRelationsCTUCH, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chengdu City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2016

Dear D W

Thank you very much for your positive feedback and I am glad that your stay went well with our concierge assisting you with the taxis, that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet and our staff helping you out.
I do hope we can welcome you back again on another visit.
Best wishes

Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

I am in China for 23 nights, 21 of which are in various CP hotels. I have already stayed in the CPs in Haidian (Beijing), Nanjing and Fudan (Shanghai) for a total of 13 nights. I am now in the CP Chengdu City Centre for 4 nights. I checked in at 4.30pm today - no offer of a Club Member welcome drink. Got to the room and was unimpressed. The room has grubby marks on the carpet, a tiny wardrobe where I can only hang 3 items and a bizarre safe where I can only just fit my laptop in by putting it in at an absurd angle. The room is also half the size of the superior rooms I have stayed in in the aforementioned CPs. You could not swing a cat in the bathroom (which is about a sixth of the size of the bathroom I had in Haidian) and there is no way I will be able to have a relaxing soak in the bath after travelling for 9 hours. I don't think it's going to be the best of stays, although the location of the hotel appears to be very good. It would be nice to see a bit of joined-up thinking - a Club Member staying with CP for 21 nights is quite substantial - so why not ensure that they are consistently provided with a suitable room at each of the hotels so as to ensure repeat business? If I had known I would be staying in a far-from-superior room for 4 nights I would have put up with commuting to meetings and stayed at the outstanding Huanhua Hongtai in Qingyang district instead.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
GuestRelationsCTUCH, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chengdu City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2016

Dear adeandyo

Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry to read that you are unhappy with the room that has been allocated to you. I have asked our Front office Manager, Martin Qin, to contact you this morning, 1 November, to arrange another more suitable room for you.
I do hope you will enjoy your stay with us and hope to meet up with you.

Best wishes

Reviewed 5 October 2016

Great location lots to do near by, hotel is a bit old but ok. Breakfast was good, swimming pool was a bit cold for me, you will need to wear a swimming cap they will not let you in without one. Fitness room has all you need.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
GuestRelationsCTUCH, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chengdu City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2016

Dear 773ggf

Thank you for your feedback and I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our location with the nearby activities and also were pleased with the breakfast and fitness and pool facilities.
I do hope we will be able to welcome you back on another occasion.

Reviewed 8 September 2016

Good hotel at a very good place in the center of Chengdu. Rooms are not new but more than ok. Breakfast offers a large variety of Western and Chinese food. A huge shopping area with good malls is in walking distance. Other shops and the city center are also very close. Small restaurants with delicious and cheap food are all around. I would definitely stay again in this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
GuestRelationsCTUCH, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chengdu City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2016

Dear traveler-VIE64

Delighted to read your positive feedback and I am very glad you had a great stay with us. I noted you enjoyed our breakfast and the location gave you a great choice of shopping and restaurants.
We all look forward to welcoming you back again to Chengdu.