Civil Aviation Hotel
Haiyatt Hotel(Chengdu)
US$87
US$76
Agoda.com
Ibis Hotel (Chengdu Yongfeng)(Chengdu)(Great Value!)
US$25
US$200
US$178
StRegis.com
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 November 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights. The hotel is comfortable. The beds are reasonably comfortable for "Westerners" to sleep in. The breakfast was adequate. It is very centrally situated and within easy walking diatance from the many shopping malls and restaurants. The area seems reasonably safe as we went for a walk on both nights that we spent there.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank harte
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

Good things first:
- cheap considering the location
- room is large,
- bed and pillows are comfy,
- free wifi in the room,
- breakfast is fine,
- very good location in Chengdu (walking zone with all the shops, restaurants etc. ...) so it is convenient to walk around and only it takes a 10 minutes walk to the subway
- friendly staff despite very poor English but at least they tried

Then comes the improvement points:
- room smelt strongly cigarettes and bathroom smelt sewer so we asked to change room. Next one was less smelly but still quite strong (was on our clothes next morning) and the bathroom still smelt badly sewer. View was ok but the window did not close properly, and since Chinese honk quite often, we diminished the noise by blocking our luggage in front of the window. Thankfully it was not winter time despite already cool.

Overall I would recommend for one or two nights because of the great location and the reasonable price.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2012

I love this hotel so much and I very much like to come back on my next visit. The location of the hotel is right at the city center. Restaurants and shopping complex are within walking distant and it's very safe to walk around at night around the areas too. The hotel rate is very reasonable and most importantly the services are excellent and staffs are friendly with smiles. Rooms are alright and cleaned.

Room Tip: Rooms are mostly quiet at night as the hotel is away from the main traffic. Air condition and TV are working alright.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2010

I travelled to Chengdu with my girlfriend. Having read good reviews here, we expected more. At first look, the lobby seemed like this hotel was promising. We paid 240 yuan for our room. Once we got out of the elevator, the hallway had a very strong smell. The hall was poorly lit and everything was old. Once we entered the room, it did not smell of cigarette, but it did not look very comfortable or appealing. The walls are all yellow and cracked. The bathroom is not very clean. Every thing is old.

I would not recommend this hotel, besides as a last resort.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OuterLimitTraveller
Reviewed 22 July 2010

I have stayed at this hotel three times as extensions of business trips. Basically I stay here because of the price (cheap) and location (central, and across the street from the Crowne Plaza where I go if I'm on biz).

Location. Central, just off the main road. A 2-minute walk to Chunxi Road. A 15-minute walk to Tianfu Square. Taxi from the airport should be between 50 and 60rmb.

Rooms. Worn and dated. On one stay the bedsheet had holes in it. Free internet.

Food. I've only tried the included-in-price breakfast and that was pretty spartan. Chinese veggies, some buns, plain porridge, Tang-ish juice. Chengdu is a world-class food city so I would recommend you explore the area for better food.

Service. Don't expect any. The front desk staff was nice enough, but the language skills weren't there and as such they more or less ignore you.

Tip: There's a lot of luxury shops around (one complex across the street at the Crowne Plaza, several department stores on Chunxi, and more at Tianfu), but if you're looking for more market-type stalls where haggling comes into play, try the Kowloon (Jiu Long) complex a block away from the hotel (take a right out the front door).

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business