Free cancellation until 27/07
  • Restaurant
Baodao Hotel(Shaoxing)
Trip.com
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights to attend my friend's wedding banquet. Comfortable hotel, big room although it was a bit old. Dinner banquet at the hotel was good too, delicious and huge portions. Overall an above average hotel considering the reasonable price.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 May 2016

I spent juts one night at this hotel and was probably the only non-Asian guest, which was not a problem, of course. It is obviously rather Asian-guest oriented as far as breakfast is concerned.
My room was ok, while the bathroom was fantastic: it had both a shower and a round bathtub. There was fresh fruit upon my arrival which was nice.
I tried to have my feet masagged at the local spa and discovered it was only for male clients.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 October 2015

We booked a hotel that claims 5 stars but in reality it is far from it.

On arrival we asked where we could park to be told, " drive around, you should find somewhere", we were then left to our own devices. On entering the lobby nobody offered to help us and after a wait we were checked in by someone who had no interest in us and did not even tell us where the lifts were when we were ready to go to the room.

On the surface the room looked OK but on looking a little closer all was not as it seemed, there were finger prints all over the mirror, there were greasy marks all around the bathtub and a sign talking about Aids on the bedside table and two boxes of condoms in the drawer is not welcome for a family stay. Toiletries are minimal ( only one small bottle of shampoo in a twin room ) unless you wished to pay the very high prices for the extras, some of the towels had frayed edges, none of this is expected in a 5 star establishment.

On visiting the swimming pool there was no changing area, you are expected to travel down in the lift in a bath robe, and the service there was going through the motions with no interest in you.

Next morning the breakfast room was crowded and the staff were doing their best but were seemingly undertrained and there appeared to be no management around to supervise them, there were no coffee cups available and was told " we re busy, we have run out, please wait 15 minutes", again, unacceptable in a 5 star establishment.

I am sure that there are better run and better value places in Shaoxing, givwe this one a miss.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 May 2015

Stayed here on a quick business trip in early March. One of the better hotels in Shaoxing with very spacious, clean and comfortable rooms. The room itself was as big as a suite. The breakfast buffet was pretty good with a wide selection of Asian/Chinese food items. The only nit to pick here was that the coffee was terrible. I did utilize the hotel fitness center which was adequate with a couple of treadmills and a stationary bike, and a rack of weights along one of the walls. They also had other entertainment options such as Spa and a Card room in the hotel, but since I did not try them out, I cannot comment on them.

One word of caution for Western travelers - The staff as the hotel does not speak English, so do not expect a high level of service. I guess this hotel is tailored more towards Chinese businessmen rather than foreign guests.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 November 2014

I was not expecting all this comfort. the atmosphere is very relaxing, the environment is really good looking. standard rooms are quite big, and the toilet is definitely big (compared to other hotels). no noise at all and you can really have a good rest. cleanliness is OK. even minibar was at a good standard. breakfast can be suitable for western people to.
facilities are interesting too.
hope to visit soon again!

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business