See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

Upon arriving there was a family checking out, I waited to check-in. The woman spoke to me in Spanish, I replied in English as my Spanish is not up to par. She said to wait, I waited. Another family came in, stood behind me. As she finished checking out the first family, she ignored me, and checked in the family that came after me. I waited again, once she finished, I asked why she ignored me. She called over a very nice young man, and he said she said they were waiting before me, I'm not blind or stupid, I know I was there first because there was no family in the lobby or surrounding area. He took over, apologized for her rudeness. He said he was new, but he was way better than her. I asked for a room on a higher floor, but that didn't happen. The room, some things are old, some are new. They have the electronic key, but where the old key used to be the cover is missing. On the door, the latch to secure the door from the inside is broken off. The shower only had lukewarm water, and tub was clogged. Bed is super comfy, and balcony is cute. There is no directory about the hotel, restaurants or when breakfast is served. Gives a menu for room service only. I come to Barranquilla monthly for last 18 months, I won't be staying here again. GHL and NH Royal Smart Suites are a lot better. Only stayed here because I liked the old medieval theme, but not worth it.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Doanld F
Hotel windsor B, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2017

Dear Sr,

We are very sorry for all the inconveniences that you had during your stay at the hotel.

We took the measures for all those inconveniences wont happend again.

We hope you come over again to attend you like you deserve.

Best regards,

Reviewed 15 January 2017

There has been something of a boom in hotel construction in Barranquilla over the last few years which has left some of the older hotels feeling a little dated. There is nothing wrong with the Windsor as such, and it has a great location, but there is nothing great either. The rooms are adequate, although on the small side, the breakfast is acceptable without being memorable in any way and the decor is an odd blend of cliched London with cheap modern. On checkout, the printer wasn't working and the receptionist agreed to email the bill. This could happen to anyone, but the bill never arrived and it took several phone calls to eventually get it for expenses purposes.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Andrew R

Dear Sr,

We took the measures for all those inconveniences wont happend again.

We hope you come over again to attend you like you deserve.

Best regards,

Reviewed 26 December 2016

Great hotel with excellent service, a rather inexpensive price, excellent breakfast included and fairly close to good restaurants and shopping. Friday and Saturday there were quite a few parties in the neighborhood and it was a little loud to sleep even though we went to bed well after midnight.

Room Tip: Superior rooms are excellent, standard rooms are rather small.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2016

Hotel Windsor is a lovely hotel. When you arrive it feels very majestic and the service you receive is great. When you are taken to your room you can't help but feel a little under whelmed. The room is an ok size. They are all fully air conditioned which is a must in this hot city. They have a lovely area with a pool you can get access to and even a gym in case you want to get in a quick work out.

The location is very well placed. You are close to bars and restaurants in a safe location of the city. You can get a cab to almost all shopping centers, and restaurants you may want to visit for no more than 8,000 COP.

The service in the hotel is great and it very well priced too. I would highly recommend you try the food that they provide.

It is a safe bet to stay whether it is for business, family or pleasure.

Room Tip: Ask to see the hotel room before you take it, if possible ask to see some choices before paying.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 September 2016

Arrived a little early and they let us check in with no problem. I stayed here for two nights, the service was good and I loved the location. They have a good variety of food for breakfast for all the tastes, I would definitily stay here if ever visit Baranquilla again.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank IvanReyes07
Hotel windsor B, E-Commerce at Hotel Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2016

Dear Sir Ivan.

Thanks for your time to write these important words. All the Hotel staff feel satisfied to knowing that you received a great attention and could enjoy our varied and delicious menu. In addition, our good location was favorable during your stay in the city. Thank you very much for choosing us and we hope you return to the hotel very soon