See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 November 2016

was in the area and I booked a room for overnight. the room was clean 5th fl. loud I could hear traffic and music from outside. shower and i found it dirty mold in the bathroom tiles. dirty glass doors shower cap was broken +( i wont go back to this hotel..

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 September 2015 via mobile

I agonized over what rating to give this hotel. Singular aspects of this property are very impressive. The images already posted do enough to show the beautiful panoramic elevator, spacious rooms and nice pool. But, unfortunately there were some glaring flaws that make this hotel a poor choice for an extended stay.

When I arrived the first night, I was surprised at the beauty of the lobby and also the spaciousness of my top-floor Junior Suite (the Junior Suite is the best class, it goes "Preferential," "Standard" and "Junior Suite," which I thought was a bit confusing but that's not important." I took a shower in what I thought was a cool design. They put a tub inside the shower enclosure, so you can take a bubble bath (big enough for two) and then shower without having to cross the floor. Excellent economy of space. However, I wasn't thrilled at all with the cleanliness of the tub, and the window didn't close. Also, the glass shower door was aligned badly. The first night, I was trapped dripping wet in the shower because I couldn't jiggle the door out of place. After a couple of times, I stopped shutting the door.

The balcony door was also misaligned, and none of the doors or windows that lead outside are watertight. It rained on one day of my trip and water started entering by the liter through the balcony door and windows. I had to request multiple extra towels just to manage the water coming into my sixth-floor hotel room.

The breakfast buffet is good, and the room service is on par with this type of property. They offer fresh juice, but it isn't made daily. If a bit is left over from the previous day, that bit is there the next day.

The one thing about my visit that really offended me was the billing. I have NEVER, in all my travels across the Americas and Europe, been asked to pay midway through. They accosted me like I was running up a bar tab on the sixth day, telling me my tab was at nearly a million pesos (about 315 USD as of exchange rate that day). I explained that they had my card on file for incidentals and that I'd pay for the rooms when I checked out (I had to make a cash deposit for the first two nights, so really it was four nights plus some minibar charges and one sandwich from room service). The whole incident upset me and led to a fight at the front desk, and I ended up begrudgingly paying. If they want long-term vacationers to pick this hotel, they should treat it more like hospitality and less like a bar tab. I was also offended that they charged me for nights I hadn't even stayed in anticipation of the fact that I wouldn't be willing to make daily payments. I seriously considered the viability of changing hotels, but for the purposes of my trip it wasn't worthwhile to do so.

This hotel is right in the center of the city, which is good for people who are here on business. It's easy to get a taxi anywhere, and you're near a lot of places like La Troja, a famous outdoor terrace and bar, and the Panaderia 20 de Julio, one of the most popular bakeries in the city. The downside of this is that no matter what, your room will always be very noisy. For an extended stay, the late nights of music and the early-morning car horns make for a difficult night's sleep. Fortunately, the mattress was firm and comfortable. For the first few nights, I had comfortable pillows. After I yelled at the front desk, they replaced my pillows with lumpy ones. Touché, Atrium. Touché.

Overall, this is not a bad hotel for someone passing through the city. If you aren't looking for the cleanest room or the best amenities and you just want a nice bed for a night or two, this hotel will serve your purposes very well. For an extended stay like mine (9 days,) the best aspect of this hotel is that the address is easy for taxistas to find. The next time I stay in Barranquilla, I think I'll give the upper-tier Dann Carlton a try.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank sharknado523
Reviewed 30 July 2015

everything was ok to me. rooms nice and clean. personal attention very good breakfast a lot to choose, front desk very helpful, guard at the door even help you take a taxi, they really make me feel comfortable

Room Tip: was in 6th floor room was quiet
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2015

Hotel is steps from La Troja which is a fun open-air bar but plays the loudest music in the city. Sadly, you can hear the music in your room which made sleeping/resting impossible! At check in, we asked for the pool hours but we ended up learning that the pool had not been functioning for weeks and once we were there we did not see anyone working on it. Despite that fact that the pool was one of the reasons we selected this property (and to get away from the hot sun of the city) we were not offered not even an "I'm sorry." A total bad experience all around.

Room Tip: Avoid all together--loudest noise from next door open-air bar.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jesus-DC
Reviewed 1 April 2015

The hotel is located pretty much in the area where you'd want to be. We were there for work and, by the end of the end of our stay, thought we would use the swimming pool. Unfortunately, however, it was being repaired, and the management did not bother to apologize or try to make amends for this inconvenience. Our hotel room was on a high floor, but the windows were so filthy that it was impossible to see outside. The loud noise that comes from a bar located on the corner of the hotel was very audible throughout the hotel and even in our room. Overall, the customer service representatives make you feel like they are doing you a favor by letting you stay in this place.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business