“In for a quick drink”

Ranked #32 of 479 Restaurants in Barranquilla
Price range: US$3 - US$10
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Positioned today as the best Mexican food restaurant in town, at Benito Juarez Tex Mex & Margaritas, we are pioneers in the concept of fast Mexican food, with creative dishes, lots of ingredients, and that secret something that makes every single of our Chef Karen Bohorquez Tarud's preparations special. Our dishes are made under the most strict quality processes, always seeking for better standards, to give our customers an unforgettable experience. Besides, we offer a modern, clean ambient to share and celebrate any occasion
Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

I would say only worth visiting for the 2x1 drink specials. Sorry i forgot when it was. The Flatas were excellent, the new tacos were awesome. 1 for 9-10 mil pesos. Still a lil expensive for a 1-3 dollar to peso ratio

Reviewed 10 November 2016

This is a nice place to grab some dinner. We had about 8 of us eat here and the food is really good. They have some interesting drinks available here. The atmosphere is fun and it is a great place for families also. Fajitas are great, tacos awesome and the Benito ribs are good.

Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

Benito Juarez is a fusion Mexican restaurant with at least two locations in Barranquilla. I love traditional Mexican food and so eating Mexican fusion just did not sit well with me. Instead of having authentic pieces of guacamole and cheese on their dishes everything is in the form of a sauce which just doesn't taste nearly as flavorful. I ordered the tacos al pastor, and they were excellent, however I would have preferred a traditional tacos al pastor as opposed to the barbecue marinated sweet ones I ate. The food was well done and well presented with excellent prices the flavors were just a little lost on me. In the pictures below you will find the tacos al pastor, the Benito salad, and the chicken nachos. On a side note I think it's worth noting that some of the best mix drinks and juices in the entire city can be found hear, but that is not enough to overcome the issues I had with some of the flavors and style of the food. Please keep in mind I am admitting that I am a fan of traditional Mexican food and this was just not my taste.

Reviewed 14 February 2016

This place has a good reputation, but when my then-girlfriend and I were there it was terrible. The enchiladas had no red enchilada sauce on them, only cheese, and they were much too thin, almost nothing more than a thick pizza like thing. And the taste was not very good, I ate half of one. The margaritas were so bad they were undrinkable. When we told the waiter we were not happy with the food he only gave us arguments and would do nothing to satisfy us, his customers. We left very unhappy with the place and went a few black away to another restaurant and had some great margaritas. I will never return to Benito Juarez and have only given this same review to other sites and everyone I know.

Reviewed 2 February 2016 via mobile

Don't know what was worse, the service or food, perhaps it's a tie. Waiter was inattentive standing in the corner on his phone. When asked a question he was rude and did not know the menu. My simple enchilada was more like a cheese pizza. And the tacos were made with hard tortillas instead of soft tortillas. Very disappointing. Will never go back even if they give me a free meal.

Thank R. H