“Great History”

Price range: US$9 - US$19
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed sitting at the bar and enjoyed appetizers and great wine. Love the restaurants decor and the history shared throughout the establishment...The staff was very friendly and took time to answer some of our questions regarding the pictures on the wall...

Reviewed 11 March 2017

I think Texasbilly should stay in Texas.
I have been coming to Barranquilla since the 1980s and I speak fluent Spanish. I have heard about La Cueva but today's lunch was my first visit. I thought that it was pretty good. I had the cazuela de mariscos. I had mojito which wasn't bad though not as good as my favourite place in Venezuela. Could have used a little more booze. The place was certainly air conditioned. It is true that the door was locked with an attendant inside. That is quite common in this region. They want to ensure that no unsavoury characters get in and the restaurant is not in the best area. I walked there - about 20 blocks - from my hotel. It's not a bad area. I wanted to try it out so I went for lunch and I will go back for dinner in a couple of days.

I think that there is art work worth exploring. They have a terrific mural on one wall that you see on covers of books by Garcia Marquez. I wondered if it was by Obregon. He was part of that group.

They have a bar. And I'm going to try it. I know most of the places

Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

Very good food, classy.. the party is super nice. The enviroment was great! 100% recommended.. they have live music! For canavales is a good party!

Reviewed 2 March 2017 via mobile

Live music, great tasting food. Tasteful decor. This was the meeting point of known writers and thinkers. Literature Nobel Prize Gabriel García Márquez and friends would gather to brainstorm and socialize.

Reviewed 10 December 2016 via mobile

Wow what else can I say about such a disappointing place. After trying to call for reservations and no answer finally greeted by a young voice telling me that no reservations were necessary. We arrived at the restaurant waiting to find the door locked. However the security guard let us in telling us it was open questions really? After being told we could not sit in the main dining room that was "Reserveed" completely unoccupied we were escorted to a plastic table much like you would find at Walmart for about $3. The chair equal old sun-dried plastic. Sitting out on the veranda with a limited menu . while no others inside enjoyed air conditioning.... I I questioned the owner only to be told that you had to be from Barranquilla to be treated with respect. I found that almost unbelievable but even when I told her we had called for reservations we were told that we were not Coastal residents and we had no idea what we were talking about. Needless to say I got out of that place right away after ordering the appitizer, anybody who says they have good food I seriously question their review .  It smelled just like raw sewage and the old woman who was rattling off perversion in English claiming to be the owner needs to stick with the local residents. That place is a no-go absolutely pathetic food atmosphere nothing. Even the sign doesn't work outside the lights are out. Avoid it at all costs.