“Restaurant is locate inside a mall near one of the many food courts. Food is good.”

Restaurante Rayuela
Ranked #20 of 920 Restaurants in Cali
Cuisines: Argentinian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 May 2018

Ordered here for take out because I'm staying right upstairs at the Spiwak hotel. Ordered the Cheese stuffed ravioli and an beef empanada. Food was good and packaged nicely. Restaurant is nice and clean with many options. Staff is friendly. I might come again to try something different. IG: @sara_lv731

Reviewed 6 February 2018

The food and ambiance of the restaurant was good. The service was also up to standard. What marred our lunch was that when I handed over the folder with the cash to pay the bill and a generous tip, the waitress came back stating that I had only paid half the bill. Moreover, the restaurant's CCTV would prove that this was the case. I had checked twice the number of bills that I had put in the folder and my wife had also checked. I then had to wait for the CCTV, which did show me placing a number of bills into the folder but was not clear enough to determine the denomination of the bills. The manager insisted that I had made a made a mistake because as a foreigner I was not aware of the various denominations. I have travelled a great many times to Colombia over the last 35 years and I am well aware of the various denominations. In the end, we left the restaurant having paid the full amount the first time even though the Manager insisted that we should pay what she felt was the missing amount (50%). The problem certainly marred our enjoyment of what had been a good lunch. I was made to feel that I was some sort of crook, which irritated me enormously.
The experience did teach me a lesson, which is that when handing over cash to pay a bill in any establishment, that person receiving the cash should count it in before taking it to the cashier. In Jakarta, Indonesia recently, I insisted that the waiter, much to his surprise, should count the cash.(I do not like using credit cards because these can be cloned) . If this problem had not happened I would have happily given the restaurant a "very good" rating above.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

I never miss this spot when in town visiting family. What's not to like? Great friendly service, generous portions and rest assured you can pick any item on the menu with your eyes closed and be gladly satisfied. Don't let its location ticket away inside a mall fool you, this is a serious eatery, as evidenced by the numerous pictures of famous musicians, artists, athletes and politicians on the walls. Amazing home made appetizers (don't miss the eggplant), phenomenally fresh fish (not even their speciality) and delicious delicious tender meat expertly prepared by chef/owner Marcela. Pick any cut, let her know your preference and let her work her magic to transform an already beautiful piece of meat into a bite of succulent, buttery, caramelized-to-perfection goodness. Are you still reading this? Go try it!

Reviewed 1 August 2017

Their Beef is famous - This restaurant It's awesome, great food and great service! A must in Cali! Youll find it inside Centro Comercial Chipichape.

Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

Visited again after a year and stiil deliverin the same good food and service. They expanded the restaurant, which I consider a good signal that are having more customers. For steaks is a place to try, but they also have a diverse food offering. Due to the taxes increment in Colombia wines are more pricey than it used to be, but is the same situation for every body in Colombia.

Go there with a couple of hours and enjoy the food and music with a bottle of wine.