For the first time, I can remember ever. We had to check out.
My partner and I (my partner spoke perfect Spanish) arrived on the Sunday at lunch and had an early check-in which was great. This was unfortunately the best part of the experience.
What was wrong:
1) There was no food available at all. We had not been told about this at all until we were at the pool area.
2) The water in the spa/pool on the top floor was disgusting dirty and had not been cleaned.
3) We pushed the buzzer to get service upstairs and no one came. We had to end up walking down to get a staff member.
4) Menus are all in Spanish and the wait staff couldn't speak any English.
4) Finally, the food menu from another restaurant arrived and we ordered. We ask to order drinks and was told another person would need to come. We waited another 10 minutes for this now over 45 minutes.
5) Drink staff had a can't be bothered attitude, she really was just so unhelpful and one of the main reasons for leaving.
6) Food arrives over one hour later and a staff member says there is a problem, we go down to see what is wrong. It was that they need payment. I didn't have credit card on me. The staff had one hour to organise this prior. The food is just sitting there getting cold and we had to go to our room to get credit card as they all waited in reception. We paid and now must wait to get a table set up.
7) Table set with no cutlery.
8) Food was obviously cold and not eatable.
The whole above experience took 2.5 hours and we were still hungry.
Apart from being a very basic average room for the money the whole service was a joke.
We decided to check out and move to another Hotel. Casa Claver. Well what a difference so happy we did move. The room, service and the upstairs pool area was such a difference compared to this hotel and for the same money.
I very ever write a review but this one needed to be written, as personally I found the value for money and experience very bad.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A space that transmits the spirit of luxury and comfort in perfect harmony, the ideal place to reach the maximum state of happiness. We invite you to live this wonderful experience on your next trip, because when you think of a luxury hotel, a dream honeymoon, organize a special event or an exclusive company trip, in a charming destination, you will be thinking of ANANDA. ANANDA HOTEL BOUTIQUE is located in the heart of the walled city of Cartagena de Indias. Within walking distance of the hotel you will discover important monuments and historical buildings such as La Catedral, Plaza Santo Domingo and Palacio de la Inquisicion; You will also be amazed by the vibrant life of its streets, trendy boutiques, art galleries and all impregnated with the warmth and kindness of its people that allows us to imagine, for a moment, life in the Caribbean of the sixteenth century. Turning around a corner, and without looking for it, you can find the Wall, that once defended the city of pirates, thieves and buccaneers and which, centuries have become one of the most romantic places in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ananda Hotel Boutique reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.