1,352 results
All reviews direct access to the beach superior ocean view room old city walled city strong winds pool area an upper floor nice pool the hotel website nice hotel cheap cab ride boca grande poolside service restaurant staff breakfast buffet large balcony highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed 27 June 2018

Our room was great! The view was absolutely spectacular 180 degree ocean view (obstructed by some high rise condos, nonetheless totally worth it)
Every morning I sat on the balcony on the lounge chair just to enjoy. Breakfast was good, buffet/brunch style, offering made to order omelettes, fresh squeezed juices and freshly brewed Colombian coffee. Pool is relaxing and they have a hot tub as well. Walking is an option into the downtown areas. Very nice place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
IvethBuendia_2017, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Dann Cartagena, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Dear Guest Reggie R,

We thank you for your important comments, we are glad to know that you enjoyed the service that our work team was able to offer and that you felt the warmth that we place in each and every of our tasks, thank you for the recognition, your comments have been shared with the work team.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

The only thing I cab honestly say was very good was the service provided by the bell boys...ready to help with anything...room was ok...bathrooms small...AC did not work properly...hotel old...would not book again in the future

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
IvethBuendia_2017, servicio al cliente at Hotel Dann Cartagena, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on this site with us, them will know to our partner regarding your gratitude for the service provided.

We herewith apologise for any inconvenience that might have, the Dann Cartagena hotel is characterized by the quality in its services and its staff, we will take the necessary corrective to that described in these comments.

Happy beginning of week!

regards,

P/P Adriana Martelo R.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

I will start with the hotel itself. No major complaints. Originally we stayed there because of the direct beach access and the ocean-view balconies. What could be more relaxing? We stayed a year ago and had no real complaints. You're on the beach, rooms with balconies are available, security is great, and you can walk to most things that you need. And a taxi to the walled city is cheap.

In general, service is fine. But the pool service is strangely weak. You can wait 1/2 hour to see someone. And you might have to chase them down. This wouldn't be so bad if there was a designated bartender inside, but no, you can walk inside to order a drink, and maybe wait 15 minutes to be noticed by someone who will make you a drink. And the bar tending expertise widely varies. But they were all very nice people, and tipping well is definitely remembered.

On the beach, we used a freelance guy. The drinks were ok enough, but the service was good. As far as I could tell, there is no service from the hotel on the beach.

Why I will never stay there again. I know that after the US Secret Service scandal a few years ago, that (apparently) all the nicer hotels in Cartagena have cracked down on female guests. In general, I approve of the policies. So I make absolutely sure that my Colombian fiancee is listed on my reservation (in case her flight arrives before mine). When I checked in, I double-checked that her name was on the reservation and I said that she would arrive in about an hour. When she arrived, she was treated as a prostitute. She was refused a key to the room, even after I was called to verify that . . . I don't know - to verify what? She was on the reservation. She was escorted to the room without a key. You can imagine her humiliation. Apparently, any Colombian women that arrives to the hotel is assumed to be a prostitute.

I had specifically chosen this hotel as it was our one year anniversary from our first meeting. She arrived with tears of humiliation and all the accompanying anger. This was after I had specifically made sure (when I checked in) that she was to arrive in an hour. When I confronted the first desk, they denied that she had been treated badly in any way. So I guess this is normal.

This was the beginning of the weekend. Needless to say, I returned home with the ring that I had brought for her. Maybe next time.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
IvethBuendia_2017, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Dann Cartagena, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Dear Guest,

In advance please receive our thanks for having shared your experience in facilities, for us it´s of great importance to receive such comments from out guest, due to the fact that it allows us to better from day to day in our operations.

Reviewed 27 May 2018

We had previously stayed at the hotel without issues. The rooms are comfortable and the staff was nice. This time we weren't able to enjoy our three night stay. There was no hot water for most of the stay. When we reported, there were conflicting stories about the lack of hot water. Starting with the first maintenance guy that came up to check. According to him, we didn't have hot water because we were too high up (16th floor). We told him that can't be truth as we had previously stayed in higher floors and we had gotten hot water. The front desk said there had been a problem our first morning. We had checked in the night before and according to him, I was the first one to report the problem at 9 am of our first morning. We had to check with the front desk for updates of useless, untruthful promises of "getting the hot water in a couple of hours". I asked for the email of their boss and I was given an email that doesn't belong to anyone. My message bounced back!
The first time we heard the real reason of the problem was on our second night as the new maintenance guy told us and told the front desk that the hot water was not there! Never got an apology. At check out were never asked how was our stay. I guess they didn't want to hear it.
In summary, the hotel is fine if there are no problems. Once a problem comes you are on you own. They make you feel that is your fault. Our visit to Cartagena was to relax and enjoy. This time the hotel didn't deliver.
Maybe those are the standards for the local people there but for that kind of hotel anywhere else we have been, their customer service is just bad!
Maybe their boss will get the message when Trip Advisor posts it.

Room Tip: Ocean view room

Dear Mrs.Carmen M,

We thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on this site, it is very important to know each of the comments that our guests have about your visit, so we assure you that we have taken special note of each of the observations You mentioned to assure that we will do a detailed follow-up and take action to improve.

Reviewed 26 May 2018

Stayed in a very beautiful spacious room. Bright and spotlessly clean. Service was great. Everyone was extremely polite and efficient. Concierge was particularly good. The breakfast was very good, coffee was exceptional. The area is as good as it gets in Cartagena. Beaches are muddy and vendors take harassment to a new level all over the city. Fortunately, the hotel had a very nice pool area and security kept intruders away. I was able to walk to restaurants, and never felt unsafe on the streets, just harassed.

Room Tip: My room on the 12 th floor was perfect. It was a larger room.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
IvethBuendia_2017, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Dann Cartagena, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words. It gives us great pleasure to know that you received during your stay the attention and affection you deserve.

We hope to have the honor of welcoming you back in our hotel.