“Amazing food.”

Ranked #22 of 1,338 Restaurants in Medellin
Price range: US$60 - US$200
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Cuisine based on Colombian roots, using a mixture of traditional and cutting edge techniques to the study of neuroscience is what makes elcielo restaurant a magical place. The elcielo dining experience includes a variety of colors, textures, smells and tastes that stimulate the senses and arouse emotions.
Reviewed 8 November 2017

I went with a group of friends and we are all involved in the food industry so we went with high expectations, which were definitely met! This is of course not a cheap restaurant but it's worth the experience, the food is pretty tasteful and creative, and the service level is very professional.

1  Thank Katia R

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

I celebrated my wedding anniversary at El Cielo. We selected the full experience including "maridaje" consisting in 3 different wines and Oporto.

The service was very good, and the food was a series of different plates based on traditional colombian cuisine but midified by the cheff.

It is a nice experience to remember and also the cost is impossible to forget: around 200 Usd, party of 2.

Reviewed 4 November 2017

In the heart of Medellin around the corner from Poblado is El Cielo which stands apart from all the other offerings in this buzzy area. It is what it is - which is relatively elegant, pleasantly decorated, comfortable seating and well-presented food. Cheap it is not - but you do not visit this type of restaurant for a cheap eat! Nor are the dishes piled-high with large portions of food - but you do not visit this type of restaurant to feel stuffed!. But the dishes are creative, tasteful, well presented and importantly, very enjoyable. We had the Menu Experiencia which was to the standard that you would expect in London or Madrid for this style of restaurant. There were about 12 dishes each served with explanations from the polite well-spoken bi-lingual waiters. Together with the Menu is the choice of pairing the dishes with 6 different wines or choosing from the ample wine list. Overall a satisfying and enjoyable dining experience in an above-average restaurant.

1  Thank richml
Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

We went for dinner again for third time!
Went with wife, daughter and father!
Wine list is limited and overpriced but we had nice wine that night!
Food was technically exceptional! Very impressed the fish dish was great same a the pork dish! We truly enjoyed the evening! Is a must visit restaurant while in Medellin of you like fine dining!

1  Thank Juan R
Reviewed 17 October 2017

El Cielo has been on my list for a long time, so I was looking forward to this evening and I have to say, it really met all my expectations. I made a reservation two weeks in advance, as we wanted to go on a Saturday night and this place is pretty popular. The idea behind this restaurant is brilliant. They serve Colombian food in a very unique way. It's mainly about the experience. The portions are small, it's haute cuisine so don't go there all starved. The service was great, very friendly and attentive, the food was delicious. It was a unique experience and in my opinion it's worse the money. I think it's the perfect place for a special occasion.