Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
TripadvisorUS$47
FindHotel
Hotels.comUS$47
Expedia.comUS$47
HurbUS$47
StayForLongUS$57
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 November 2020 via mobile

Understaffed, borderline illegal when they: 1) advertise a breakfast buffett (there is none), 2) no lobby (as they advertise), 3) you must pay if you want a business meeting in your room (they allow x amount of registered people, if you have additional guess for some minutes you will not be allowed unless you "pay" (it is a scam), 4) they do not clean rooms everyday (as they do not have the staff), 5) no ice machines (you must call reception to get ice "eventually"), if you are unlucky you will get a loudy neighbor (nothing can be done), 6) they have NO idea what costumer service means nor they understand the meaning of "costumer retention".... 7) business center is a joke (do jot be misleading ny the pictures)... 8) location is the only plus here, but there are plenty of better hotels around...... in general, this is not the place for you to conduct business.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank gustavoadelgado
Natalia Toro, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Medellin, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2020

Dear Mr Gustavo

Thanks for choosing us as your hotel in Medellin.

We are very sorry that your experience was not good, we try our most to make all our guest to feel nice with us.
About the Buffet, we are not allowed to have buffet for guest, we are trying to request the permission from Secretaria de Salud to have assited buffet for guest, we hope to have the approval for december.

When you guest in, you must read and sign a docuent that explains the protocol, were it sayd that no external people which is not original registered in the reservation is allowen to check in after as an extra person, you have some extras that were not allowed.

About the business center, due to COVID 19, we can only have 1 station of computer and printer.

We are very sorry and hope you come back other time to enjoy more your stay with us.

Natalia

Reviewed 18 October 2019 via mobile

Very clean hotel in a safe part of Poblado, Minutes away from Parque LLeras and malls. Very helpful staff, especially the front desk. Good breakfast. The hotel is about 25 minutes from the airport. I will stay there again when I return.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank wilbur h
Curious44997134676, Director de Recepción at Holiday Inn Express Medellin, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2020

Good morning Mr. Wilbur H

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Holiday Inn

We are glad to know you have enjoy your stay with us, that you liked our location and enjoyed the breakfast. Thank you for leaving such a nice comment.

Hope to serve you again very soon

Diana Hinestroza
Front desk manager

Reviewed 28 May 2019

This was my first visit to Columbia, so I have nothing local to compare it to.

The check-in process was excellent, and throughout my stay, I must rate the Front Desk staff as above average. They were friendly, helpful, and very professional.

The cleaning staff were also good, and their supervisor was definitely on top of things. and would make corrections without being asked.

The location was very good. A safe neighborhood, and within walking distance to one of the best malls, Santa Fe Mall, in Medellin. Santa Fe Mall is also one of the best places to exchange money using your ATM. In Medellin, you get the best rate of exchange using your Debit Card at a secure ATM.

Also, the Santa Fe Mall has a nice Supermarket for stocking your room with water, drinks, and snacks. Also, the top floor of the mall has a very large court.

My room at the hotel was Spacious with a comfortable bed, a mini frig, microwave, sink, glasses, plates, and a knife & fork. I had the corner room (1103), and the view was great. I did not enjoy the room lighting. I enjoy reading books, and there was not sufficient light at any location in the room for comfortable reading. I also liked the rooftop dining area, an excellent view, and was also a nice reading area, day or night (great lighting).

The front desk staff was also very good, and very responsive to any complaint.

Great food at the Taco House, located on the 2nd floor in the area in front of the hotel.

Room tip: Only 6 room per floor, so get an end room for an excellent view - great views from any angle.
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank RokLov
GrupoSuites, Director General at Holiday Inn Express Medellin, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2019

Dear RokLov

Thanks so much for these amazing comment, we will share it with all our staff.

Very glad to know you have enjoy your stay with us as your first experience in Colombia, also thake note that in our renovation all the lights from the rooms are being change, so for sure in a next stay you will enjoy it more.

Hope to serve you again very soon

Natalia Toro

Reviewed 10 May 2019

I have to rise concerns about my last stay in Holiday Express Medellin during May 6 & 7 2019.
Customer service its amazing great ladies and professional gentleman’s. The room it was limited amenities, broken café maker machine, tea, and disable security box (some from the hotel went to check and promise to fixed and nothing happens etc. the sofa bed it was dirty and look nasty because it’s a clear color, absolutely not appropriate because it was dirty. Even though I used my points for 2 night I just stood for one night because I cannot leave my valuables and passports expose.
I has been in this property several times, and also ask for a higher floor as state in my preferences but I get a room only at the 8th floor.
I hope in the future this property works in room enhancements and better customer service because in the past it was amazing experiences.
Best regards

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Medellin, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2019

Hello AlvaroNYC,

Thanks for choosing Holiday Inn Express And Suites Medellin and leaving your honest feedback.

Although I am happy to see your perfect rating of 5/5 stars for our area of service, I am sorry to read that your stay was not as comfortable as it should have been, issues with broken coffee maker in your room, disabled security box and issues with the rooms upkeep. I have shared your comments with hotel management, who responded with genuine concern for the impact this had on your stay. I know they appreciate your sharing your experience and am confident they will take steps so this doesn’t happen again.

Again, thanks for getting in touch with us. We appreciate you as our guest. If you need anything else just send us an e-mail at ihgservice@ihg.com.

Best Regards,

Ronald R.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 2 April 2019

Spacious suite. Great view. Comfortable beds. Location is good for variety of restaurants. Good service. decent breakfast. Kitchenette could use more cutlery and real cups not the flimsy plastic ones.

Room tip: Select high floor for the view.
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank amkhol
GrupoSuites, Gerente at Holiday Inn Express Medellin, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2019

Dear amkhol

Thanks so much for choosing us as your hotel in Medellin, for us is a pleasure to serve you.

We will check with our housekeeping department your suggestion and see if we can acommodate them to our international hotel standards.

Hope to serve you again, very soon

Natalia Toro M