“Fun place”

Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Good for: Bar Scene
Reviewed 3 March 2013

This place is a fun place to hang out and meet people. Its the Cheers of Asbury Park NJ. They have something different going on every day.

Reviewed 10 May 2012

I recently went to Georgies with a out of town friend. We were looking for a place to have a drink without all the noise. This place was perfect. It was quiet for a Sunday night. Some women were playing pool and we found the men to be friendly and talkative. There was no entertainment that evening which may have been why it was so quiet. I find this bar very comfortable and go there on occassion. I've never had a bad experience or ever felt anyone was going to start a fight. The bartender is not familar with me, but I received good service. There is an area in the back patio where you can smoke. I can see why someone would complain about the parking. If the place was busy it may become difficult to park close.

Reviewed 28 July 2011

this place SUCKKKKS its 98% lesbians who are completely rude and get into fist fights all the time police are called almost everynight due to them.....theres hardly anyone there in the summer everyone is at paradise..their drinks are not cheap they are just very strong..its like a hole in the wall place it attached to a drugstore..parking is horrible..this is not a place to meet someone or even fun tp go to everyone reading this i ADVISE YOU TO GO TO PARADISE ON OCEAN AVENUE THE CROWD IS MIXED IN AGE 99% MEN AND BOYS AND FUN FUN FUN AND ITS MOSTLY OLDER GUYS LIKE 50'S FOR ANYTONE THAT WANTED TO KNOW

Reviewed 6 March 2009

This is one of those "dive", local bars that I tend to avoid. Because if your not a regular you are easily overlooked. I was staying at The Empress Hotel, also in Asbury Park and was kindly recommended to Georgie's on "karaoke night." Thanks for the effort, but this "gay" bar was full of belligerent, (what I assumed) lesbians! I was scared a fight would break out eventually. As for karaoke, I guess if you call the same person singing ballads and an obvious egomaniacal DJ, karaoke! Not amused.

6  Thank thesickdelish
Reviewed 9 December 2008

I made my first visit to Georgies this past weekend. I was amazed by how large the place is.

The building is very old and it was interesting to look at the detail of the tin ceiling. I attended during a toy drive (yes, I brought one) for Toys for Tots and the bar was very busy.

The staff and clients were very friendly and everyone appeared to be having a good time.

If you are visiting Asbury Park and are interested in a gay venue that is quieter than Paradise, Georgies is for you.

Located on the Main Street end of 5th Avenue, Georgies is a bit of a walk if you are visiting the boardwalk but it's worth it.