“Wonderful surprise”
Review of Hotel Panamerican

Hotel Panamerican
Ranked #118 of 342 Restaurants in Santa Marta
Reviewed 12 September 2015

We had out boat parked in the marina and were wandering around looking for food and found this great place. There is no nameplate on the hotel/restaurant, so it might be hard to find on purpose. The food and service were excellent. The waiter did an admirable job of helping out with our horrible Spanish and was very attentive. The shrimp cocktail appetizer was delicious. My husband and son had the creamy chicken soup and were quite pleased. I had the prawns thermidore -- fantastic. My daughter had the sea bass and loved it -- they must have improved it since the previous review. Anyway, quite an enjoyable experience and not cheap but reasonable for high-end food for those on US dollars (given the current exchange rate) at 240,000 pesos for a family of four who got appetizers, margaritas, and dessert in addition to the main dishes!

Reviewed 23 December 2014 via mobile

It's an ok hotel & restaurant. I didn't stay overnight. I was checking the hotel for suitability when I come here next year. It's a little run down, but friendly. It's reasonably priced so it's on my shortlist, but not my first choice.

Reviewed 14 November 2014

one of the best places to meet with the best food and the marina i wold recomend for every one, amazing cafe and breakfast but also delicios food for late nite

Reviewed 20 December 2013

Waiter was off hand uninterested in what I wanted when my drink came it was not what I ordered coz he wanted to sell me something more expensive. Fish soup was very bland. Sea bass had been hacked to pieces not filleted. Vegetable portions were miserable.
Coffee down stairs is the best in town!

Reviewed 12 October 2013

What a delightful experience. Immediately, the manager recognized our Spanish was limited and greeted us cordially and helped guide us through our meal -- lovely lady.

Had cold crab claws in vinaigrette and hot crab claws in garlic butter for appetizers. Then onion soup, cream of clam soup, and clam chowder for starters. All were very good but the seafood chowder was really special. Extra rich creamy base with lots of seafood -- could eat it with a fork.

Main dishes were whole fried red snapper, shrimp au gratin, seafood au gratin, and shrimp rice. Outstanding. Au gratin dishes were served in natural shells -- beautiful presentation. Accompanied by a nice Chilean white wine.

Dessert was chocolate cake a la mode and flan. Both excellent.

Service was impeccable with regular visits from the manager to assure that all was well.

This restaurant is scheduled to close this weekend and be demolished for a new high rise that will have a larger space for the restaurant. In the meantime, the staff will all relocate to a new location on the beach front that will open next Thursday (Oct 17). By coincidence, we toured the new space with the owner yesterday. It is beautiful. Santa Marta will have a wonderful addition which should become one of the finest restaurants in Columbia.

1  Thank Alex G