See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This place has a nice location on the main road and appears very nice from the outside relative to the competition. The pool is also really nice though it closes at 7pm so isn't ideal.

The rooms are very bad for a hotel in this price range. Very hard beds, slightly dirty, old furniture, decrepit bathrooms. Air conditioner was next to useless. Safe didn't work.

The staff are very friendly though don't speak any English and aren't very informed about the region.

Breakfast is low quality.

Can't recommend staying here as there are much cheaper options around.

Room tip: get a room with a fan as you'll need it - a/c doesn't work well at all
Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Booked here for an upgraded experience from hostel accommodations. Had to give a deposit to guarantee the room, could not get a refund. No upgrade available. Very disappointed.

Room was basic, Hostel beds and linens are just as good for a quarter of the price.

Date of stay: February 2014
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I paid $80. for a superior room instead of $70. with no aircon. Our room consisted of an old style tv, handsized pieces of paint peeling from ceiling in the bathroom. The door handle was an old style surface mount type with NO INSIDE SAFETY LOCKING ABILITY , THERE WAS NO OTHER CHAIN OR SLIDE LOCK, ANYBODY WITH A KEY COULD HAVE ENTERED AT NIGHT. hallways very unclean, every a plate sized pile of bird droppings. Plants in the common areas were dying and had bone dry soil in pots, does nobody do maintenance here? The beach in front was covered in garbage, by covered I mean we could could not count the cups and plastic bottles... and in the morning i saw 3 street people sleeping on the beach opposite the hotel.. we also saw human excrement across from the hotel on the walkway. The positive was encounters with 4 staff members was above average service, My suggestion avoid downtown Santa Marta...We enjoyed other nights at $80. a nite hotels in Rodadero and Taganga that were clean and safe with clean beaches and would return to those hotels.

Date of stay: May 2013
Reviewed 13 May 2013

The Excelent view from third floor is so beautiful. I ´ve got this title for to describe this hotel " is a paradise on the midle of the Santa Marta City when i was over there with my family the experience was so good. On the first floor there are 2 swimming pools for the childs and adults peoples so cute cause on the wall around it there are many drawings related to the Tayrona culture.I hope to come back when on may again cause the service is fantastic.

Greating for all guys.

Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 April 2013

There is a very scary entry in Trip Advisor about this hotel. When I realized we where staying at the same hotel of the scary entry me and my girlfriend wanted to get to an other place. We could not because every thing was full. Then we spend the first day at the hotel and it was like this guy had been in an other place. Seriously we had an incredible time there, nobody try to open our door the contrary every body was really helpful and friendly including Leo the gorgeous manager. Yes the Hotel is not a 5 stars but is a very nice place and you get lots for your money. I recommend this place to any body that want to spend a good time in Santa Marta and Enjoy the incredible Sierra Nevada and Parques surrounding this town.
We ended staying 7 days incredible days in this Hotel coming in and out while visiting the region.
I really ask the people to write helpful things not to be nasty when there is not reason. You see We almost get away form this very nice location and perfect point for visiting the region

Room tip: the evening at the balcony is a must....a bier or a wine and you will have an unforgettable time
Date of stay: April 2013