“Great hostel in the centre of town”

Restaurante El Espanolete
Ranked #79 of 381 Restaurants in Santa Marta
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 14 August 2017

We stayed here in June and it was a great, clean hostel in the centre of Santa Marta. The owner, who is Polish, was incredibly helpful. We stayed in a double room with a shared bathroom and the room was large and had excellent air conditioning.
The bathrooms were also incredibly clean.

We really appreciated that the owner also helped us book day-trips to Minca and gave us recommendations for restaurants and other things to do around Santa Marta. We received a small breakfast in the morning which we weren't expecting, so that was an added bonus.

Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

Nice hostel very close to the Parque Simon Bolívar, managed by a Spanish guy (Toni) very kind with all the information a tourist may need.

Reviewed 28 March 2016

The owner is a very open person. His food and natural juices are awesome. He is always aware of your needs and interest to make feel comfortable. He is a family. Those Eight days stayed there were terrific. I want to remind the people that the place is no longer a restaurant but a hostal. I went to Santa Marta alone, but I was as if I went there with a group of friends.

Reviewed 29 January 2015

I must say that I was thoroughly impressed by my entire stay here. The minute I walked in I was greeted with a smile and felt at home after a 5 hour bus ride from Cartagena. Toni is the man. The guy will give you information about where to go and stay anywhere and everywhere around town. He has an encyclopedia mind the man. The rooms were clean. A C with television and Toni cheffed up some fish that left me dumbfounded with amazement. The guy is a cook. Not to mention his beautiful wife who keeps the place sparkling and is also a massuese. Toni is living the life. It's extremely affordable in a wonderful location. Not a party hostel. You can relax and enjoy the ambience. I definitely would stay here again in a heartbeat. Ciao!!!

1  Thank kentmoney1
Reviewed 31 December 2014

Toni the owner and cook is one of the best man in town... best paella in town... Santa Marta has quite a number of restaurants... good good ones but Toni's is wonderful... problem YOU HAVE TO MAKE RESERVATION IN ADVANCE...so if you are hungry now you must wait one complete day to get this Paella...

1  Thank Leonardo R