“A pina coloda....and some... delicious ”

Arte Gourmet Restaurante
Ranked #63 of 352 Restaurants in Santa Marta
Cuisines: Caribbean, Colombian, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Description: Local cuisine and gallery, specialty seafood cayeye, panela, fish. Also we have many opctions in the menu such as pasta, drinks and cocktails desserts and vegetarian dishes.
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

First of all I'd like to say that after being here the person above who was talking about burgers and potato chips doesn't know the difference between plantains and potato chips. If he was even here at all? All I can say is stopped in for a pina colada had to use the restroom got one smell of the kitchen and decided to eat here. If you read my other reviews you will see that I don't just fall into a hole in the wall from the outside it's nothing special except for the clean new chairs and tables for the outside diners I am not one. The food Delicious from the pastas in the rice to the red snapper. Can't say enough good stuff about a good place. By the way anyone who says it's overpriced here's the menu that's red snapper with coconut rice plantains and a drink for $12 you Europeans need to go home. Being from a German heritage but growing up in the south of Florida I've learned to appreciate hard work and good food the most expensive thing on the menu is $13. And that's a plate of fish rice and plantains that you won't be able to finish eating. It is a fine dining experience.

Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

We found this place by chance and we're glad we did. The menu is extensive and we ended up getting the pasta plate and chicken Gordon blue. We also had two glasses of red wine. We had a wonderful lunch and will return.

Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

We were searching around Santa Marta for a nice place to eat when we happened upon this eatery. We ordered the seafood risotto and the mushroom risotto. We also ordered a glass of white wine. The wine arrived at the same time as the food. The risottos looked delicious and smelled really nice. When we bit into the first mouthful, both of the risottos were crunchy. The rice was undercooked and flavorless. Then we went to drink the wine and two flies were swimming around in it. The waiter came over to inspect our fly wine and appeared not to know what to do. My wife had to ask him for another glass of wine. When it came time for the check, my wife mentioned the crunchy, flavorless risotto. When the bill came, we couldn't believe the restaurant had charged us for two glasses of wine. One star from me and that's only because they wont let me leave zero stars.

Arte G, Gerente at Arte Gourmet Restaurante, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2017

We apologize, we will take corrective measures to improve. the administration did not have a report from the waiter about your situation that we would have given an immediate response, we hope you visit us again to give a discount or a gift to you. thanks for your comments

Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

I was in this restaurant year ago, as a solo traveler. This time I got back with my European friends, and first day went straight for lunch.
Food was excellent, price affordable and actually you got more what you pay for.
I been trying several restaurants in that area, and Arte Gourmet was best for us. Very clean, proper table, good meniu.
I would only recommend this place for people that I want them to enjoy food and great atmosphere. Perfect location too, near Parque Los Novios.
Whenever I get back to Santa Marta, I will come here again.

Reviewed 20 February 2017

Originally came here on a recommendation but have to say it was less than average. Ceviche fish was very rubbery, not very fresh and accompanied by tinned sweetcorn. Fish for main was ok but not what was advertised. All tourist places in Santa Marta are over priced so price was on par with similar restaurants / meals in the area.

Arte G, Gerente at Arte Gourmet Restaurante, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2017

we apologize for not exceeding your expectations, we would like you to return to give us a discount on your plate, we will take corrective measures to continue offering quality.