“Unimpressive for the price”

Iscuande cocina del pacifico
Ranked #85 of 314 Restaurants in Santa Marta
Reviewed 25 March 2017

We splashed out when my family were visiting as I'd always thought Iscuande looked nice - but it was one of the few places in SM where I've been disappointed.

The flavours themselves were fine - not spectacular but good - but portions were really small. Not even the usual bulking up with yummy fried plantain or anything interesting.. everything was served with just a small salad and plain white rice. Considering the price - and the fact that they sneakily don't include the 8% tax you're also going to be paying - we expected a lot more.

The service was friendly but also super slow which, considering we were the only table in there, was a bit silly - it took 45 minutes for them to bring us 2 dishes.

1  Thank Maija S

Reviewed 7 January 2017

I love to eat fish but most of the places serve it deep fried, in Iscuande I tried the fish in coconut broth and grouper wrapped in banana leaf, both were perfectly seasoned and prepared. My teenagers had meat which was also cooked to perfection. Gourmet food.

Reviewed 9 December 2016 via mobile

Very good dinner. We were the only diners at 7:30pm on a weeknight. Not sure if that was just because of the day/time - but this place was great and deserves to be busy! My shrimp in coconut sauce was excellent, and my husband enjoyed his pork. The fried yuca was our favorite! Some of the best we have ever had! I would definitely return.

Reviewed 7 December 2016

A friend is going to Santa Marta and I was going to send her a link to my review to the place I had raved about and realized I never wrote one! Unforgiveable.

Octopus appetizer was the best. Seafood "stews" were mind-blowing. We were the only ones in the restaurant after a long day in Tayrona, and Margaritta came out and sat with us for over two hours. We exchanged stories between delicious bites; a memory I'll cherish for the rest of my life. Easily the highlight of our trip. Go here, eat anything, be happy.

Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

When the owner herself is not in the kitchen, the food is ok, but not more, and the service friendly, but incompetent. It has seen better days - as the whole area around the Plaza de los novios.