“cockroach central”

Rodeway Inn Boardwalk
Ranked #37 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed 17 July 2015

booked a room with jaquzzi staff was nice but got to the room turned on the tub and cockroaches started climbing the walls, i was there 5 mins immidiatly wanted to leave told the desk to refund my money i absolutleyt would not stay in any room there. they would only refund half i had to call the police and that was the only way they would process half a refund!! took 3 weeks to recieve it and had to drive around the rest of the night looking for a decent hotel... spend the money on well known hotels or casinos its worth it!!!

Room Tip: well known names not low budget..
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
5  Thank john j

Reviewed 7 July 2015 via mobile

Stayed there for one night only and it was so peaceful and nice. Everything was working just fine and there was no problems . The only thing that happened was that we checked in too early and the man in the lobby said our room wasn't ready yet so they gave us a room with full beds when i booked 2 queen beds and we were five people (3 adults and 2 children). But everything was nice and we'll definitely go again there.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank angieromero99
Reviewed 1 June 2015

The property is shabby with a capital S and weirdly out of date and modern all at the same time. This is because there have been renovations but there needs to be more for sure. The TV's should definitely be flat screen and the bathrooms need to be completely gutted. That being said... the two queen room on the second floor that my Mother and I were given was clean and everything was functioning properly. The 1970's tub/ shower was sparkling and the towels and sheets were spotless. The parking was secure and we were not charged the $5.00 fee as indicated by the hotel's website. The front desk guy was nice and let us check in at 10AM on a Friday in June. There was a scary juice machine and a not at all scary Kurig and icemaker in the lobby. There is no elevator. The location is absolutely perfect... steps from the boards and The Landshark Bar. If you book with eyes wide open this motel is a totally adequate place to crash for one night. In future I'll probably stick with the Quality Inn Flamingo. It's further from the action but a lot newer and nicer.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank LESLIEKURZ
Reviewed 15 February 2015 via mobile

The only reason I booked this hotel is because I was attending a concert and the location was convenient. The staff who checked us in was very polite. But the staff that was on duty when we arrived after the show was very unprofessional. I tried to get a soda out of the machine and it took my $2.00 he seemed less than concerned and informed me the one out front worked. Well after putting $2.00 in that machine I learned that it did not. I explained that I needed the drink because I was diabetic and asked if I coukd get juice out of the machine. He said that it won't work until breakfast & still refused to refund my money. So I had to walk across the street in blizzard like weather to a casino to seek something to eat/drink.
May I also add that the steps leading up to the 2nd level in which we stayed was full of snow while staff was in front conversing and wat hing TV.

• Stayed: February 2015
3  Thank melody h
Reviewed 24 January 2015

Stayed for one night on a business trip. It was worth $60 a night with tax on a Friday, Very minimum small room. Looks renovated but the bathroom needs a lot of work! No wifi even though the front desk gave me a password it don't even work! The area is pretty sketchy not the best around!!! Summer is probably a little better. Breakfast was just coffee and one muffin.... Everything is small here I suggest to stay at a casino hotel next time.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled on business