“Have never had a bad meal!! Comfy place. 80 years in business!”

Angelo's Fairmount Tavern
Ranked #23 of 432 Restaurants in Atlantic City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Atlantic City has changed greatly in recent years. Yet Angelo's Fairmount Tavern, located in the Ducktown section of Atlantic City, is a restaurant that has endured and flourished for three generations of Mancuso's - since 1935 - making this restaurant an institution in Atlantic City. More than sixty-five years of dining excellence have made our home-style Italian menu age like a fine Italian wine. Through the years, Angelo's Fairmount Tavern has become a perennial gathering place for friends and a haven for the hungry. We hope you find your dining experience with us a most pleasurable one. Bon Appetite!
Reviewed 12 November 2017

Always good. Traditional Italian food served with love. The waitresses have been there for a long time. Always a friendly face and friendly greeting. There for 80 years with baseball and boxing memorabilia. The food choices are all good. Lunch and dinner are both great, with the lunch portions being a bit smaller....but still more than enough. I always have the eggplant parmesan and it's the best of anywhere. My husband always tried something on the lunch special menu and has never been disappointed....it was the baked meatball special... Good crusty bread that makes lots of crumbs with butter always round out the meal. Great place to eat in Atlantic City away from the casinos. Have their own parking lot with free parking and plenty of space.

1  Thank giftedelaine
MGR_Guest_Relations, Manager at Angelo's Fairmount Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Giftedelaine, thanks for your review. Here at Angelo's we always try to provide the best service to all of our clients and are glad we provided you with a great experience. Thanks again for your continued business and support!

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

We have been here five times in the past two years, my friends seem to think it’s the only restaurant in Atlantic City. I could probably think of a few other places I would prefer over Angelo’s. It’s old fashioned, the food is mediocre but the service is good. If you are looking for a halfway decent meal, it’s ok, anything more, don’t waste your time

2  Thank Anthony P
Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

Food and service are outstanding. We entered through the bar. Bartender offered great entree recommendations and mixed outstanding cocktails. Waitress was very friendly and very attentive. Dinner was outstanding. A must do in AC!!

1  Thank cuda641
Reviewed 31 October 2017

It was a nice comfortable dining experience. So typically Atlantic City, it's a nice representation of good Italian service and food. The place was clean and comfortable. Prices reasonable for the tourist area.

1  Thank Bernardo F
Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

Recommended by my limo driver more than once I finally had time to give Angelo's a try. Upon walking in the bar area was packed. Bar staff said to not worry it'll only be a minute. Thinking it was going to take forever (I was really hungry) to get a table they told me to walk thru a door off the bar. And there it was. A small dinning room full of people eating, laughing, joking and all enjoying Angelo's food. Soup of the day was Pasta Fagioli and it was probably the best I've ever had beside my grandmothers but that was a long time ago. Main dish was the stuffed rigatoni. Huge portion that I couldn't finish. The bread tasted like it was fresh from the bakery. Was so full I couldn't do the desert. Looked at the desert menu and it all looked and I'm sure tasted amazing.

Keep in mind this is not a new resturant. It's been around awhile. The walls have pics of famous people like ball players, politicians and musicians. This is also a place that you can reserve the large room for special occasions. Or if you want you can just sit at the bar and have a drink and dinner there as well.

Thank you Limo driver for the recommendation.

1  Thank ottersRus