“Family Dinning.........”

Carmine's Italian Restaurant - Atlantic City
Reserve with OpenTable
Carmine's Italian Restaurant - Atlantic City is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 435 Restaurants in Atlantic City
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: New Jersey Ave at Revel Resort and Casino
Description: Family Style Italian Restaurant
Reviewed 27 November 2017

We visited here with 6 people, had a 6:15 reservation and were seated ahead of time. Carmine's premise is Italian family style servings enough to share for the table. The place is very noisy so trying to have a conversation was difficult. Since we were trying to catch-up with family that we have not seen in a while that was a drawback. We decided to have the Carmine's salad, eggplant & chicken parm, and penne-alla vodka. They bring a nice bread basket with herb infused olive oil. The food was plentiful, the salad was amazing, the eggplant and chicken was quite good, the penne was different, not bad just not what we are used to. Service was quite good. For the amount of food you get I don't think the prices are so far off. For the six of us with only soft drinks for 4, it was $167.00 without tip.

1  Thank David G
Write a ReviewReviews (1,573)

Reviewed 22 November 2017

I have always liked Carmine's for its delicious food in family serving sized portions, and this trip did not disappoint! My family, friend & I so enjoyed our outstanding Bolognese pasta dish & our Limoncello chicken dish there! Service was very good. It was not crowded at 4pm ( good time to go on a Sunday), and it was warm & inviting in atmosphere. I would NOT order wine again as it was quite pricey & came in a small juice-size glass!

1  Thank Patmc53
Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

At the Trop for tree lighting and grabbed lunch at Carmine’s. Always a great atmosphere and being in The Quarter is an added plus. Got the meatballs and some bread and drinks. Great service as always. Food was great, love that gravy. Great Italian food at a reasonable price.

1  Thank stewartc787
Reviewed 17 November 2017

Our group had dinner at Carmine's and decided to do it family style. Recommend a reservation, thought this being off season a small group probably can slip in. I was surprised by the number of large groups eating in the restaurant ( >14), Lively environment, good service and the food was good especially the garlic bread. Veal Parm, stuffed mushrooms. Was reasonably priced. Waiter was attentive and responsive. Food came quick and the restaurant was busy on a Wed evening in November. Not a great part of town, best to park in the casino parking lot.

1  Thank Dan M
Reviewed 16 November 2017

Atlantic City is in trouble; it has been for a couple of years and there is no salvation in sight. I empathize with businesses in and around the city that fewer people are choosing to visit Atlantic City given the competition in the surrounding states. The following is a review of a recent dining experience on a Saturday night.

In my estimate, the place was probably 70% full. Several large groups celebrating birthdays, anniversaries, etc. which is one reason to dine here, and the place can accommodate it. Maybe it was my imagination, but the entrée I ordered (chicken with pasta) seemed to have more pasta and less chicken than it has in the past – at the same price. Now these family style dishes are not cheap; they can comfortably feed 2 people, but having gone there for years, my take home box was a bit smaller in content. Bottom line – was the food and service good? Yes. Was it fall-out of-your-chair fantastic? No. Maybe it was an off night, but if you want to see an off night, try going there on a Sunday; let just say you’ll have your choice of tables. It seems to me even this place is feeling the wounds of Atlantic City: less people visiting, less people eating.

This place has been here for a while and I believe it will survive over others that will wither under the city’s current dark cloud. Years ago, this was a launching point for a fun evening; first dinner, then gambling at the Trop. This was the first time I ate here and did not even bother going to the casino. It may not affect Carmines in that sequence, but what about the folks that gamble first and then eat? Empty tables at the casinos, empty tables at the restaurants, yikes!

- Paperman