“Excellent food, service and ambiance need 'secret diners'”

Gordon Ramsay Pub & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Gordon Ramsay Pub & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 414 Restaurants in Atlantic City
Cuisines: American, British, Brew Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed 5 April 2016

Were it for the food itself, the place would certainly merit 5 stars. But, as heard numerous times from Chef Ramsay himself, a dining experience is a tricky combination of food, ambiance, and service, each of which contributes to either a positive gastronomical encounter or its opposite.
But let's start with the food. Arguably, Gordon Ramsay Pub & Grill offers the best fine-dining cuisine in the entire AC. Our appetizers included the Roasted Duck Poutine (a heavy Quebecois dish) and Escargot (aptly translated for the unenlightened as Burgundy Snails). What to say, both appetizers were excellent, with the snails easily beating some of the best specimens we got to taste in France and French restaurants all over the world.
The main courses were a Sautéed Scottish Salmon; it came with caramelized onions to die for, the cress salad was mouth-watering. Our other main course was Ale-Battered Fish & Chips which was equally superb, especially its chips, perfectly crispy outside and angel-puree-soft inside.
We also shared a dessert, a Vanilla Crème Brûlée w/Cherry Compote. It was very light, cooked and served to perfection. Overall, all the food we got to sample was terrific, which is a feat considering the pub nature of the restaurant.
So, why 4 stars? The service was decent, but overall quite impersonal and indifferent. Both hostess and our server were averagely all right, but not for an establishment of a chef whose dining institutions over the world hold 19 Michelin stars with his flagship Chelsea (London, not NYC) restaurant proudly keeping its 3 Michelin stars for 15 years. We were given a survey at the end of our meal, to be filled on a small smartphone device built in a restaurant leather folder. All the questions were thoughtful and attentive. "Did your server discuss with you the food you ordered?" No. "Did the manager stop by your table to inquire about your dining experience?" No. We even spotted a disgruntled customer who kept arguing with the restaurant's employee, which, according to Chef Ramsay is a huge no-no, the customer being always right.
If the Chef sent in there his "two secret diners" they would have quite a few things to report. That felt like a disappointment. But for the food itself, we would surely visit it again, next time in AC.

CS A, Guest Relations Manager at Gordon Ramsay Pub & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2016

Hi!

Thank you so much for your review and many compliments! We are so happy you enjoyed your visit and our delicious menu options. We are so sorry for any inconveniences and hope to have you dine with us again very soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,070)

Reviewed 27 March 2016

I'm a huge Gordon Ramsey fan so I had to give it a try. I went to the bar at about 7:30 on a Thursday night for a quick bite. I couldn't have been happier. My server Michael was great, efficient, friendly and really made me feel welcome. I had the Pub Burger and it came out exactly as I had ordered, a perfect medium and the bun was excellent. The fries that accompanied it were excellent as well, crunchy on the outside and slightly soft on the outside. A nice glass of Cabernet complimented the meal. I will definitely be back!

CS A, Guest Relations Manager at Gordon Ramsay Pub & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2016

Hey!

Thanks for your review and compliments to our staff. We are delighted you had a pleasant experience and are looking forward to dining with us in the future. We thank you for your loyalty and can't wait to have you back again very soon!

Reviewed 26 March 2016

This restaurant has been only open about a year and I can see the future in this restaurant is going to be very long. We were seated immediately and outside of one of the staff members who was rude everything else was terrific. From our waitress who helped make our food selection to the manager that continuously made sure that our food was to our satisfaction. And oh the dessert was dynamite. Thanks to mama's recipe.

Hi Lewis!

Thanks for your review and compliments to our staff. We are delighted you had a pleasant experience here at Gordon Ramsay Pub and Grill and our delicious menu options. We hope to have you back again very soon!

Reviewed 25 March 2016

Overall, our experience at Gordon Ramsay Pub & Grill was very good. The food was superb, tasted delicious, and the price was reasonable for the quality of food received. I ordered the Angus New York Strip steak with fingerling potatoes, and it was, without question, the best meal I've ever had! My husband ordered the Roasted Duck Poutine as an appetizer and a Hot Roast Beef Sandwich with fries as his entree. They were both excellent. Our six-year-old daughter ordered the Pub Spots as her meal, truly enjoyed them, and left nothing on the plate (which is a miracle in and of itself!). In addition, we ordered dessert. My daughter and I shared the Warm Chocolate Sponge, which was moist, rich, and practically melted in your mouth. My husband had the Pineapple Pot Pie, which was average.

Our only concern and the reason why we could not give this establishment an excellent rating was the service. We waited 45 minutes for a table. Our waitress did not refill our drinks without our asking. She also did not remove our finished plates until I stopped her and asked her to take them. Finally, a bus boy dropped a number of plates right next to our table and got ketchup on my daughter's coat and my pants. Improvement with the service will certainly make this restaurant a shining star that matches the food served!

Hey Jennifer!

Thanks for your positive remarks! We are delighted to hear you and your family enjoyed yourselves. Thanks so much for the great review of Gordon Ramsay Pub and Grill and for mentioning how much you enjoyed your experience! We are pleased you found everything to your liking and hope to welcome all of you back soon!

Reviewed 24 March 2016 via mobile

I have to say my whole meal was delicious! I was a little skeptical because England isn't exactly known for they're food but wow am I impressed! I started with the split pea soup and it really was amazing! I went with the bartender suggested beef Wellington and it was great!!! The sticky toffee pudding desert was also very note worthy. Very knowledgeable and attentive staff. I was also impressed with how quickly my food came out. I would definitely suggest anyone to give ramsays pub a try!

CS A, Guest Relations Manager at Gordon Ramsay Pub & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2016

Hi Patrick!

Thanks for your review and compliments to our staff. We are delighted you had a pleasant experience and enjoyed all our menu has to offer. We thank you for recommending us to others and hope to have you back again very soon!