“Very Disgusted”

Ranked #13 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
Brooklyn, New York, United States
“Very Disgusted”
Reviewed 14 March 2012

My husband and I have steady patrons at the Tropicana for 6 years. NEVER AGAIN will I waste my money here!

WHAT CASINO IN THEIR RIGHT MINDS DOES NOT PROVIDE ROOM SERVICE AFTER 11PM? REALLY NOW! ITS A CASINO! SHAME ON YOU!

Forget about asking the staff any questions. No one knows what they are talking about! I asked 4 different workers the same question and got 4 different answers.

The room was so disgusting that I had to threaten to check out 30 minutes after check in and dispute the charges with my CC company to get a different room. ie. Mold in the bathroom, leaking faucet, pealing wall paper, exposed nails on the wall, leaking refrigerator.

Garbage bags through out the hallway left by housekeeping because they are lazy! They didn't even empty the garbage in my room for 4 days nor did they clean the rugs!

IF YOU KEEP CUTTING SERVICES TO SAVE MONEY! YOUR GOING TO LOSE MONEY & CUSTOMERS!

I will be staying at the Borgata from now on!

Room Tip: Stay away from the west tower!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
17 Thank Danielle L
TropicanaAC, Director of Marketing at Tropicana Atlantic City, responded to this review, 16 March 2012
First, we would like to thank you for your past patronage. We are very appreciative that you and your husband have selected The Tropicana as your Casino/ Hotel of choice over the last six years. We Thank You!

Now on to your recent stay. Please allow me to sincerely apologize for the incidents you experienced on your last visit with us.

As you know from your past experiences at the Tropicana, the recent problems you encountered are not the standard here.

I have forwarded your comments on to our Senior Management Team.I am sure that they will investigate your review and contact you shortly.

Once again, thanks for taking the time to tell us about your experience at The Tropicana.
We hope that you will give us the chance to host you the next time your plans call for a trip to AC.

Best Wishes,
David B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,188)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Monroe, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 13 March 2012

We have stayed at the Tropicana many times over the years. We look forward to visiting Atlantic City a few times a year and usually choose the Tropicana due to it's central location, nice rooms, great restaurants and great casino. Our last trip however was less than wonderful. We checked into our room only to find the entire floor was filthy dirty with dirty carts and towels all over the hallway. We literally had to step over bags of dirty trash and towels to get to our room. When we finally got to our room which was at the end of the hall, we found we had a shared suite/room which was totally blocked with a dirty food cart and a bag of garbage. We found the maids in the adjoining room blasting music, sitting on the beds and basically having a party of their own. There was a maid standing in front of the entrance to our room doing her hair and putting on her lipstick in the mirror and she was annoyed to have to move out of the way so that we could get into our room. We got in the room and all we could hear was the maids music blasting from the next room where they were having a little cleaning party. We called the front desk and nothing was done. There was a used tampon on the floor that was still there the next day 24 hours later when we checked out!!! We always liked to stay at the Trop because we love the Quarter but maybe the staff is so miserable that they just gave up??? Overall bad experience for us...

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
14 Thank Chay M
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience at the Tropicana Casino & Resort.

First, I would like to thank you for your patronage. We are delighted to hear that you have stayed with us many times in the past and have had an excellent experience at the Tropicana.

Your positive feedback about the Quarter is greatly appreciated.

I am so sorry for inconvenience you encountered on your most recent stay with us.
The housekeeping and service issues you reference in your review are not the norm at the Tropicana Casino & Resort.

I have forwarded your comments on to our Senior Management Team. I am sure that they will get to the bottom of your complaints

Once again, thank you for your review. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to host you the next time to visit Atlantic City.

Sincerely, David B.

Travellers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

Smithtown, New York
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I travel alone. At the Tropicana, I feel comfortable, safe and at home. The hotel is clean and the staff is very accommodating, from housekeeping to the security staff, the restaurant staff and the front desk service including the valets. It's okay to walk around by myself and enjoy all of the ammenities including the shops, the food establishments and all of the gaming areas. The rooms are extremely clean and believe me, I check for bedbugs, too. Room service is excellent, housekeeping is more than you would expect and the atmosphere is very comfortable. I would recommend this hotel and casino to anyone. I am especially impressed by the front desk service. Even if you walk in and see a line that looks like an hour or two wait, it moves very very quickly and you can get to the gambling quickly. Go, take a chance. Relax and enjoy!

Room Tip: The south tower is my choice as it is right above the lobby. But if you want to be near the restaur...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Susan D
Union City, New Jersey
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Stayed there 3/11/12 in rooms 3517 and 3619. When we arrived it looked likesomeone dumped an ahstray by the door, when we left the next day it was still there. There was garbage in the hallwyas, looked like the carpets had not been cleaned in weeks. Rm 3617 had a mold on shower curtain. The bathroom floor had a bobby pin and hair on the floor when we arrived. went to plug in the fridge and the outlet cover was half off. Had to unplug fridge because of the foul order. Crumbs all over the floor. Had to plug in the clock and when we moved the nigh stand there was food back there. In rm 3619 had to plug in the tv and there was food behind the tv and gum on the floor. Booth rooms had stained sheets. We slept with the lights on becuase we were afraid roaches woudl come out.

Room Tip: ask fir a newer room
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
16 Thank susan1163
TropicanaAC, Director of Marketing at Tropicana Atlantic City, responded to this review, 13 March 2012
Thank You so much for taking the time to tell us about your experience during your March 11th stay with us.

First of all,please allow me to apologize for any disappointment or inconvenience you experienced. We are committed to excellent service and offering our guests an exceptional room product experience while staying with us.

I have forwarded your review to our Hotel Senior Management team. I am sure they will be contacting you very shortly.

Once again, thank you so much for the review.

Sincerely, David B.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 March 2012

very nice room. enjoyed indoor pool with jacuzzi for adults only 8-10 a.m. games had great variety

Room Tip: ask for south tower which has pool and jacuzzi gym is 10 dollars extra
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends