18 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$469
Hotels.comUS$469
FindHotelUS$469
eDreamsUS$469
Orbitz.comUS$469
HurbUS$469
5,785 results
All reviews pf changs fiesta buffet boogie nights irish pub comedy club ocean view mid week slot machines table games quarter carmines hooters imax boardwalk gambling deli
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 April 2021 via mobile

I have stayed at Trop both alone and with my GF a lot. It’s in a steady decline. This past trip will be the last time I give them my business and spend my money on their casino. We go mainly because the restaurants selection is good. Trop used to be one of the best behind Borgata and Ocean but now has become a dump with hands down the worst customer service of any casino we frequent. The staff at the front desk and rewards counters are either dumb or just plain rude, maybe both. There are so many shady people hanging about either just sitting at machines not gambling or even hanging by the elevators. The rooms say non smoking but everything smells like old cigarettes and weed. We aren’t quite high rollers but we spend well into the thousands each trip...the comps aren’t good and the machines are tight.

Here’s a list of recent things that have happened since returning from covid quarantine in September.
-Unnecessary slow long lines at check in
-ask for quiet room, I still work from the room at times, They’ll put us on the party floor or next to an elevator. We make specific requests ahead of time.
-make up smeared on pillow from previous guest.
-cut fingernails on counter
-hall reeks of weed and room reeks of cigarettes
-floor dirty with dirt and sand
-fights in downstairs casino near Hooters while security flirts with girls.
-Dude high on drugs asking for money near elevator to rooms.
-long lines at reward desk and people unable to explain why my comps aren’t showing up
-money stuck in machine and waiting one hour for attendant to help us.
-crazy woman screaming racist profanity and no security
-terrible free play compared to other casinos we frequent
-fight and argument in hallway outside our room at 4am
-small children running through game area
-don’t bother with online early check in, you’ll still have to wait in long line checking in
-room requests never honored, always an excuse even when booked in advance
-when I’m alone without my GF I’ve been approached by a prostitute while playing slots.

That’s all happened in the last two years alone. We like the Palm, we like Chelsea Gastropub, we like PF Chang’s, we like Gilhcrest....everything else sucks.

Ps- The Trop makes it nearly impossible to make a complaint. You ask the front desk and they refer you to the website which just takes you back to square one. There is zero accountability.

Trip type: Travelled solo
8  Thank Brandon D
Reviewed 5 April 2021 via mobile

There was nothing pleasant about the hotel. The rooms were outdated and showed sign of age. There were scratches on the paint and the night table looked like it went through a war zone. The casino on the other hand was bright and cheerful with pleasant staff.

I stayed at the Quarter tower and would not recommend it. It given the opportunity I would say chose another tower

Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank jsharmaesq
Reviewed 5 April 2021 via mobile

Usually have a nice room but this time, in the North Tower, the refrigerator froze everything...the carpeting was nasty dirty and needed a shampoo....view of a tar roof .... room service did not bring proper towels, etc... even the casino was cluttered with garbage... We were going to be there four days, so I asked to be changed to a higher floor, at least, but was told they will not change our room because they were booked full for the entire weekend... I don’t believe that for a minute. As I had a comp room, she said the better rooms are saved for their “paying customers”! Believe me, when I gamble I more than pay for my “free” which still costs $35 a night with resort taxes! I have been going here for fifteen years and since Caesars has taken over, they have gotten really cheap... probably will find a new place to gamble....

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank janeth969
Reviewed 4 April 2021

I was skeptical about staying here... because the reviews were all over the place. I got a deal on priceline and stayed at Tropicana for a few nights. My room was in the north tower. My room was spacious, clean and I had a lovely view of the beach. Sunsets were absolutely beautiful. Tropicana has a variety of restaurants inside. The spa is only open Fri-Sun. It was spring/Easter break so there were a lot of families. I'd stay again. Because of covid, I didn't have housekeeping in my room. Use your own precaution.

Date of stay: March 2021
1  Thank Charmaineburg
Reviewed 3 April 2021 via mobile

Mask is a must everywhere. Indoor pool requires reservations.

There is hand sanitizer access everywhere.

To check in after exiting garage area is to use the machine.

I tried two restaurants they weren’t the cleanest. The food was good. But one restaurant we left with our feet sticky. I was also with the kids so I didn’t pick the restaurants in the quarter area, we went down to the marketplace.

The family area with arcade was fun for the kids. There is a escape room as well but we didn’t go there.

The room was good but it did not have any draws for us, it was a three night stay.

For safety they were cleaning a lot around the areas that are highly touched. The elevators were ridden only by your party, which made the lines long. There are temperatures checks at various points when you newly enter the building.

The room was only cleaned once during my three night stay.

The staff is friendly and helpful at all time.

Trip type: Travelled with family