Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$135
Hotels.comUS$135
TravelocityUS$135
Expedia.comUS$135
TripadvisorUS$135
Agoda.comUS$168
6,165 results
All reviews cuba libre imax theater pf changs havana towers boogie nights tropicana casino ocean view mid week slot machines table games quarter carmines hooters boardwalk gambling deli nightlife
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 November 2022

The Tropicana is a disaster, probably the worst hotel experience of my travel lifetime. There is no maid service no matter how many calls you make to the operators or front desk in person. They promise but never deliver. Housekeeping did not pick up used towels or clean during a three night stay. They would only dump new towels in the room. Trash was not picked up for three days as well. Bed went unmaid except for late the last night of our stay. Reserved and paid deposit for an ocean view room but got only a partial view through dirty windows. Simple request for a hard-back, desk chair was completely ignored even though I was recovering from orthopedic surgery. There is no room service and was told there are no wine glasses in a 29-story building. Imagine. Instead, the only "glasses" were cheap, small plastic cups. Multiple emails to customer service were useless and only provided a litany of excuses. All this even after I was assurred prior to arrival that if any issues occurred that I should just call for a supervisor. I made numerous calls to supervisors but was never connected or ignored. We were told that the operators are based in Vegas and know little about the AC management structure. I didn't believe the negative rewievs before I reserved but don't make my mistake. This hotel fails at all levels of service.

Room tip: Don't stay at the Tropicana.
Date of stay: October 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank dpz1766
Reviewed 21 November 2022 via mobile

Don’t stay here.

First of all, check in is ridiculously long. They have two people working but like 100 kiosks that they want people to use. Problem is they don’t work. We tried and it just tells you to go to front desk. There’s a woman asking people on the long line to use the kiosk but everyone is commenting that they tried. It’s a hot mess.

Second, you can hear everything in the rooms. Walls are paper thin. People loud outside in the hallway at all hours of the night.

Third, and most important (I can overlook other stuff) they simply don’t care about their customers. After a long night, we want to get into our room. Keys don’t work. We call the front desk and they say they will send security up. When? They say, “whenever they get a chance…it’s a courtesy.” Apparently they have the most sensitive keys in the world. Just being near a phone and they demagnetize. If we don’t want to wait for security to show up WHO KNOWS WHEN, we can go down to front desk - which is like a mile away - to wait on the fabulous long line again. Still a line at 2am!

NEVER EVER EVER AGAIN. Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else. Anywhere but here.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank prbetsi
Reviewed 20 November 2022 via mobile

Hotel was clean and the room had a beautiful view of the city. The concert venue setting was intimate, fun, not much room for dancing but enough room for you to enjoy. Will I stay again? Yes. Will I refer a friend, family? Yes

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 1ReinaDelSur
Ryan Bennett, Owner at Tropicana Atlantic City, Trademark Collection by Wyndham, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2022

Hello 1reinadelsur, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are happy to see that you enjoyed your visit and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Tropicana Atlantic City

Reviewed 19 November 2022 via mobile

Well, lets start with the fact that the rooms haven’t been updated since Nixon was in office. Then you get inside and see the self check in kiosk and think “this is such a convenient thing” only for it not to work so you trek 20 miles through the labyrinth that is called that Tropicana, to arrive at the front desk all warmed up for the marathon back. Now with ALL that aside, it can be overlooked because of the lovely mediocre restaurants and old school boogie style clubs where the chairs and couches look like they came from a very active 1970s adult film studio. But I think the absolute best thing is going back to your room to find ROACHES crawling on the desk, and bugs crawling on the walls by the tv. Of course when you notice this theres no way to change your room and calling the front desk brings you no avail.

So all and all I will NEVER EVER be returning to this hotel, id rather drive back chained to the top of an 18 wheeler in the blistering cold than stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
5  Thank CallHimShade
Ryan Bennett, Owner at Tropicana Atlantic City, Trademark Collection by Wyndham, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2022

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We sincerely hope you'll return to give us another opportunity to better serve you and earn your 5-star rating in the near future.

Tropicana Atlantic City

Reviewed 17 November 2022

Got in on Monday night. Left for meetings Tuesday and when I returned the room was not made. Called Housekeeping and they said that room cleaning was not guaranteed and that it was too late to get them into the room at that time. Suggested I call in the morning to reserve cleaning service for Wednesday. Called Wednesday morning. Well, it's now Thursday morning and I'm ready to check out and my room still hasn't been cleaned. Not the worst thing in the world, but Jeez, at $200 a night you'd think my bed would be made and the garbage emptied.

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Andrew C

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback, Andrew. Your comments have been shared with the appropriate team for their input and attention. We value your patronage and hope to look forward to welcoming you back.