All reviews nice hotel adriatic sea gate tour first stop two nights dinner buffet big hotel comfortable beds open the window old world beautiful view mini bar few minutes walk hotel restaurant the main street spa croatia
Reviewed 22 June 2018

We stayed on night June 2018 , Big hotel with sea view, 15 minutes on foot from the city center, rooms comfortable and large, brekafast good, the breakfast is rich and good.very good choice for opatija

Room Tip: request a sea view room
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Why is it some hotels treat singles as second class citizens?

Not only does this hotel treat solo travelers as unworthy of a decent room we treated as stupid.

I was initially given a wheelchair accessible room even though I am fully abled. I asked for a room with a bathtub like my fellow travelers and was advised ok however only a single bed. Advised ok as long as it has a bathtub, oh yes she says.

Guess what no bathtub.

I approached the supervisor and asked him why he said this is what the agency booked however he couldn’t explain what the agency actually booked.

Liars!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Sue H
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel as part of a group.
First impression on arriving was wow, considering the view . However the room was disappointing. The room was tiny, with a very oddly angled corridor at the entrance. There was alot of noise coming in from the street.
The buffet breakfast was like a market! Way too many people. Queues for many counters. Felt like being on one of those huge 1000+ cruise ships. In such a large place, there is no personal touch.
If you have a choice, skip this place.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Nadine_Lemos
Reviewed 23 May 2018

We stayed at this hotel on the recommendation of a friend who had stayed there while traveling with GateOne Tours. While the staff was pleasant and helpful, the room we were given was terrible. We were only staying two nights while traveling by car through Croatia and exhausted when we arrived so we didn't bother to ask for another room. By the next morning however, I regretted not asking to be moved. The room itself was very dated and the air conditioning was poor. The worst feature however was the bathroom. You had to turn sideways to enter the bathroom because it couldn't swing open fully do to the lay out of the room. The ceiling was EXTREMELY low in that room. We were told it was because the indoor pool was above us on the next floor. I'm 5'11" and my wife is 5'9". I had to stoop to get my head under the shower head to wash my hair. If you try to comb your hair in the mirror you need to stoop to get under the lights over the mirror. If all the rooms on that floor have the same issue they shouldn't even be booking rooms on that floor. The outdoor pool is beautiful but the room was totally unacceptable. We were very pleased with every other hotel we selected for our 14 day tour of Croatia and I normally write very positive reviews. I felt compelled to write this review to warn other travelers.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Michael C
Reviewed 14 May 2018

A very good hotel. The location is great. The price are extremely reasonable. The staff is friendly and the rooms are clean. I would have no issue recommending this hotel. It is a 3 to 3.5 star hotel.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends