US$211
US$214
US$184
Agoda.com
US$128
All reviewsromantic staytrufflesea viewpool and saunaspecial dinnersmall bayoysterswelcome drinkboutique hotellight switchesshuttle serviceamazing hotelhotel breakfastbig balconyhigh levelprivate beachbeautiful room
Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

You pay $500 USD per night for the room yet they charge you for the bread they bring to your table and vinegar and oil that's already on the table. The waiter says: "something from the chief for you to try" and they nail you with a charge.So sad. PITIFUL!!!
ASK BEFORE YOU ORDER or even better, don't come here.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Mende f
Krunoslav K, Manager at Hotel Navis, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2018

Dear Mr. Mende,

Thank You once more for Your visit and the time You took to share Your review with us.

I am sorry You felt disappointed about the cover charge, and I hope it did not affect the rest of Your fine dining experience. “Kuver”, or couvert, is however a standard practice in many fine dining establishments around the world and it is a surcharge clearly listed on the menu under separate, highly visible portion of the menu. Not only there is the price of the cover charge listed, there is also a detail explanation to what it entails. I am sorry if in Your previous dining experiences You have not visited such fine dining establishments that have this type of service; or have it but not as clearly visible and elaborated but hidden in “fine print”. We, on the other hand, like to have our business and our procedures transparent, thus visible text in the menu and verbal clarification from the wait staff.

For Your benefit, and the benefit of other readers; I would like to reiterate that 29,- HRK(approx. 3,5 EUR) couvert charge does not only include a small dish prepared by the kitchen (to serve as an introduction to Your dining journey but also as a pallet cleanser) but a wide selection of award winning local olive oils and a number of various homemade breads baked in a wood burning oven. Where You might get “vinegar and oil” on the table(it is noteworthy to mention we don’t have vinegar as part of table setup as You have stated, but would gladly provide guests with some if requested) in some other establishments (more likely not a fine dining restaurant); You would also pay for generic supermarket bread by the slice in those places as well. Fine dining establishments like Navis restaurant and all other in Opatija (and beyond, without a doubt) would not stoop to that level and would fairly charge the “kuver” but provide guests with premium products and service for the price.

When You look at it in this light; the couvert charge should not be a surprise nor should it be looked upon as a “rip off”.

Once again, I am sorry Your previous dining experiences have not prepared You for a true gourmet experience such as we offer in Navis; but I do hope You managed to surpass the issue and still enjoy the wonderful creations from our kitchen.
Warm regards,

Zoran Užar
Hotel manager

Reviewed 3 July 2018

I have had a chance to visit Design Hotel Navis in July 2018 with my husband. Four days of our vacation could be described in one word - incredible.

To start from the beginning, when we arrived in the garage of a hotel we've been welcomed by a nice and pleasant staff member named Filip who took our bags along and lift them in the room. A very kind person which whom I had a chance to talk and found that he's on the internship as a high school student.

To proceed with the other staff members from reception which is the friendliest staff I have ever met in any hotel (Ivana and Zoran) are the big hand of the hotel, I believe. We've been served with a nice welcome drink(Perla sparkling wine).

Facilities we've used are also good. I'm not much satisfied with a pool area even if there is a sea in front of a hotel which I used more than a pool. Nice treatment in SPA Center by your staff member Tea.

I have enjoyed every single minute spent in rooms. Unbelievable experience. Five stars go to your room designer.

To conclude this review, I'd like to mention that breakfast and restaurant were fair enough even if there are not many options to eat for breakfast in my opinion. Restaurant and menu card - fair enough for this culture of food.

Cheers from Austria and hope to see you soon!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Klaus_AUSV
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed just 1 night en route from Istria to Zagreb. Mainly we stayed to experience the restaurant as it has been so well reviewed. Loved the hotel, rooms very cool. Beach (and bean bags) super cool (even if tiny)! Stunning setting. I’d happily stay in the hotel again but would dine elsewhere. Our meals at Hotel Adriatic brasserie in Rovinj and Hotel Pereani in Labin were much better and while they were also fine dining and in beautiful settings they were probably cheaper to boot. I’d advise heading back to Volosko for dinner.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

Great hotel on amazing location, but I can also recommend their restaurant. Deserts are truly amazing. Asparagus with hazelnuts are one of the best deserts I have every tried. Service is also great and professional.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

Great view, great location, friendly staff that are fluent in foreign languages, nice facilities makes this hotel a perfect one for a short or long stays. They provide shuttle service to/from Opatija.
The restaurant has tasteful dishes presented in an artistic way. Staff are friendly and food choices are good.

The architecture and the interior design reminds me of Loft branding by Hilton.

Whoever complained about rooms being small, was spending way too much time in their room. I found the size pretty adequate but who wants to spend the time in their room when you are in this part of the world.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business