“A few creative takes on classic Italian-American fare.”

Giuseppe's Restaurant
Description: American and Italian food wiht a Galapaguenian fusion established in San Cristóbal island - Galápagos
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

Good portions and friendly service. Some dishes are creative, but most are classic ones you'd find in Italian restaurants in North America. We came here twice!

Reviewed 9 January 2018

Great Italian food in Ecuador. Giuseppe himself (a canadian) is there every night. Lots of big groups go so book ahead and be ready to wait but it is still with it.

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

We knew the service was super slow when we came first time for drinks in late afternoon. I was reluctant to return but my husband wanted to try their burger and he was sure the restaurant has wine cooler so we can drink good wine there.

We returned and disappointed. The burger was not as good as Cri's and the shrimp pasta was blant - no taste at all. The service was not as long as in the afternoon but it was less friendly. The pasta as mentioned in the menu come together with bread or salad but we did not get bread or salad.

At least the wine was good.

Giuseppe P, Owner at Giuseppe's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Hi Indie,

Sorry that we took so long to respond, I apologize that this happen to you and your husband, I know that this is not a good excuse but we are working with a very young ( 18 to 20 years old) kitchen staff. We like to always contract from the local community .

It has been hard 1st year for us and especially my young kitchen staff. My Sue chef Chef Yanni (trained from Cordon den blue Peru) and myself (Trained in Italy) are always there from 7 pm to closing and our young staff helps us open up, which is our mistake. (Since this review we have corrected our mistake)

But we are a new restaurant with a lot of holes to fill and we understand that this happens to the best of restaurant just like it happen to Thomas Keller from French laundry Restaurant in the U.S.A (which i think you should try one day).

I we are deeply sorry and thank you for your visit and for your review, As well, we hope that you can come back to Galapagos Island and visit us and try our new menu on our behalf.

God bless you and have a great day!

Regards,
Giuseppe

Reviewed 4 January 2018

Very good italian food and seafood. Owned by a gentleman of Canadian and Galapogan descent. Really nice food.

Reviewed 2 January 2018

We were in San Cristobal 4 days and came to Giuseppe's twotimes, it was so good. Our hostal host enthusiastically recommended this restaurant. The carbonara was excellent, my fish and chips was made with strips of tuna. We made a reservation for Christmas dinner with a prix fixe of $40. per person, including a glass of wine. We had starters of ravioli in pesto sauce and a seafood cocktail followed by a main dish of porchetta which Giuseppe was experimentally cooking in his pizza oven to achieve a crispy exterior. It was moist and delicious with various herbs. There were other choices but I cannot remember what they were. We chose a tres leches cake which was also well made. I wish we could have been there longer to try more things.

1  Thank jauchzet