“Disappointed ”
Review of Mockingbird Cafe

Mockingbird Cafe
Cuisines: Ecuadorean
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

We were told this place had the best coffee in the whole of the Galápagos so of course we had to try it out. Either we had a bad barista on the day or whoever wrote those reviews does not know coffee. Service was ok, very pushy which is unlike any other place in the islands I found, but they were ok.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

Had lunch and dinner here with a tour group. I’m assuming it is a “safe” place to eat since it is the only place we went. They serve soup, the meal and a small dessert. The girls that work there were extremely friendly. Eat upstairs for the breeze and the view.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 9 July 2018

Ate here twice, both times as part of a tour group. The service is a bit slow, but you should adjust for island time. The Staff is kind enough, no issues there. Had the local dishes (can't remember the names), all of which tasted good. I do like the atmosphere - eat on the top floor, so you have a view of the ocean (the beach is about 200 meters away). Rather cheap, as well.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

I came in for lunch. Waitresses ignored me. I waited ten minutes and still wasn't given a menu or anything, so I left. Seems it was busy with tour groups.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 13 March 2018

Had an included lunch here with my Intrepid Tour while on San Cristobal. Soup, very good blue fin tuna along with rice. The one drawback would be the lack of Endemica the good Galapagos beer to wash it all down.

Date of visit: February 2018