We joined the 5 days Darwin Triangle Tour (Santa Cruz, Isabella and Floreana Islands) and had a fabulous time. Overall, Red Mangrove runs a very efficient and organized operations with different tour groups rotating around the 3 lodges across 3 islands. The land transportation, luggage, snorkeling equipment, boat transfers, hotel check-ins, meals were arranged smoothly and effortlessly. We never had to wait for anything, no mess ups, and nothing or nobody left behind.
There were 9 people in our group and one naturalist. The naturalist basically stayed and traveled with his/her group the entire time, It worked out great. We enjoyed meeting a diverse, multi-nationals and ended up exchanging e-mails in the end.
A few other highlights during our time with Red Mangroves:
1. Love the outdoor dining area at the Aventura Lodge. There are so many wild life around to watch and fantastic view of the harbor. The front desk staff were helpful, efficient and friendly.
2. Dinner at a local family home at Floreana Island
3. Snorkeling with sea lions at Floreana
4. Wild life at Tintoreras (penguins, white tip sharks, iguanas)
5. Visit to the Giant Tortoises Farm
A suggestion for the hotel: Buffet meals were just okay. Whenever we had the option to order from several choices and food were prepared as ordered, the food quality seemed a lot better. Perhaps, consider giving guests the choices to order from a menu.
A few side notes:
1. If your schedule permits, consider spending extra time at Isabella Island. We were only there for 1 night and it was not enough. There were so many things to do and see there. The beach is beautiful. You can bike around the national park. There is flamingo lagoon. Most people in our tour group ended up extending their stay at Isabella Island. Red Mangrove is great at accommodating special requests such as this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Red Mangrove is an oceanfront hotel with the best views of Academy Bay, located in Puerto Ayora. The hotel is the perfect place for Galapagos visitors to stay considering many activities like snorkeling, hiking, beaches, swimming, kayaking, and visiting the Charles Darwin Center are just minutes away. Why else is the Red Mangrove a good decision? For those who are prone to seasickness the hotel gives you a stay where you feel just like you're on the water with the option to choose different packages with the activities mentioned. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Red Mangrove Ecoluxury Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Mangrove Aventura Hotel Puerto Ayora
- Hotel Red Mangrove Aventura
- Red Mangrove Ecoluxury Hotel Galapagos Islands/Puerto Ayora