“Fabulous Place to Stay”
Review of Hotel Mainao

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Puerto Ayora
Hotel Mainao
Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Puerto Ayora
Reviewed 23 August 2015

My husband has known the owner for years. We stayed here with my mom and dad. The rooms on the upper floors have a view of the ocean, and you can hear the sound of the waves on the shore. The breakfast in the morning was excellent. Any time we needed something, there was someone around who could help us. My parents absolutely LOVED it, so much so that they are asking when we can all go back to the Galapagos again so they can stay at the Mainao!

Room Tip: Upper floors have the best view of the ocean, but there are no elevators, so be ready to walk up spi...
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 June 2015

Gorgeous little boutique hotel on Santa Cruz. The breakfast was lovely, rooms clean and spacious and most of all, the staff were warm and friendly making it a home away from home. In 20 years of travelling in a wheelchair, I can honestly say this has been one of the best places I've stayed. I think my friends who were at a nearby hotel were quite envious when they saw were I was and I'd love to come back one day

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Wheelydivechick
Reviewed 30 April 2015

Great location right off the Main Street and dock as well as 5 min walk away from Charles Binford Street where all the local restaurants are. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was clean. Read the full review at http://travelstellar.com/review/hotel-mainao/

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Travel S
Reviewed 3 January 2015

I have stayed at hotel mainao in the past - the architecture is fun and the location is convenient. This year I booked a reservation in September for a stay in December and, per their request, paid for the reservation in full. In October I made a relatively minor change in the reservation, which should have resulted in a small refund. Their website states there is no penalty with changes made before 30 days of the visit. I received no reply when I sent an email inquiry about my refund. When I asked about the refund while I was there, I was told they
"could not refund a credit card". Beware of the "no penalty" statement - it certainly wasn't true for me and I will not stay there again!

• Stayed: December 2014
1  Thank travelingkkusa
Reviewed 7 December 2014

Interesting style hotel with many levels nicely located off the main drag and within walking distance of the port, restaurants, Darwin Station. Our room was very spacious and comfortable with a view balcony. The breakfasts were excellent and the owners and staff extremely friendly and helpful in arranging taxis, tours and general information.

Room Tip: For people with difficulty climbing stairs, ask for a lower floor.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple