“Delicious ”

Ranked #4 of 88 Restaurants in Salinas
Price range: US$3 - US$14
Cuisines: Seafood, Ecuadorean, Healthy, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Specialty meat and seafood, variety of menu in a lovely placeFall, in love with our unique atmosphere! Service and quality are our calling card. Enjoy our variety of menu.
Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

Very good food...Very good price.....quiet place. The service like in many place in Ecuador is poor....you have to stand up and go to find someone if you need something. Also and its always like that but they are bringing the plates when they are ready...meaning that the first is receiving is plate and can have the time to eat the half of his plate before that others are receiving their plates......that's bad.

Sogale, Gerente at Sogale, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2017

We hope you come back, the next time is going to be better ;)

Reviewed 3 June 2016

The wife and I heard about Sogale from other Expats and Ecuadorians and decided to enjoy them for ourselves. We did enjoy the menu, the food, and the price. We plan to come back and bring others.

Sogale, Gerente at Sogale, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2017

Thanks
You have to come back ;)

Reviewed 15 February 2016

I've been to Sogale twice, and have enjoyed both experiences. The latest trip was a Valentine's lunch with my wife. Due to our first meal at Sogale being excellent, the bar was set high for the second, and have to say there was a hair of a letdown. I ordered the lunch of the day and my wife the ceviche mixto. Lunch of the day, consisted of a stuffed zucchini starter(very unique), a egg drop/chicken asian fusion soup(crazy good), a main course of pork with sweet and sour sauce, and came with a mango juice. The food, not including the soup, came out room temp., but good flavors all around. My wife had a ceviche, which is seafood mixed with peppers, onion, tomatoes, and usually a lime based sauce. My wife likes it served cold like a shrimp coctail, and it too was a bit room temp. Other than that, pricing was around 20$ which is good considering that the place seems very popular. Only other down side was the wait for the food was a bit longer than I remembered from the first, but the crowd was huge, maybe a reason for it. Try the corvina in salsa mariscos, it's a sea bass topped with a creamy seafood salsa, or the camarones ajillo,grilled shrimp in a garlic sauce...both crazy good.

Reviewed 2 January 2016 via mobile

I went with two friends, it was new years eve and we had the plate of the night it was turkey with everything as a real new years eve it was nice good portions nice music to eat. They were very friendly people, some families were having also dinner.. Really nice so I went back for breakfast and I had Tigrillo awesome taste first time eating it but the flavor was smooth it's a salty plate typical made in the coast of Ecuador. So if you are planning to come to Salinas you should stop here!

Reviewed 22 October 2015

It took us a year to finally eat at Sogale. We went to lunch with our Ecuador right hand man Jamie, liked the soup and sides so well, returned for dinner. I cannot say enough about the staff and menu items. If you prefer meat over fish they can accomodate you. We tend to go with what our server reccomends. At lunch, encellbolado - fantastic, at dinner fish with a side of ceviche. Prices are very reasonable, portion size perfect for the big guy I am and not intimidating to my wife. Desserts are excellent. Going to dinner there tonight.

1  Thank PeterandJane357