“happy days”

Sea Sun Hotel Dahab
Ranked #47 of 53 Hotels in Dahab
Reviewed 21 May 2011

i was at this hotel from 08/05/11 to 19/05/11 and had the best holiday the staff was fantastic the food good the snorkling out of this world the fish in the red sea are out off this world bad is the flies if you need a taxi get mohammed on 0107846495 he charges £25 .00 one wayring him be for you go on the ayrcraft

Room Tip: all sea good hotel
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank welcome121

Reviewed 4 May 2011

Being a backpacker I do not expect alot what so ever just a clean bed really. This hotel is supposed to be a holiday resort for families and more of a treat for us. Where can I start.....
1. Rooms weren't ready upon check in and we got there at 9pm so well after check in opens we were waiting an hour almost
2. The toilet did not flush, therefore ever day the cleaner would come in to the built up of our business
3. The sheets were dirty, my pillow had a crusty brown stain on it.
4. Our friends room had the light hanging out the ceiling, big brown stains on the sheets and the room smelt off.
5 when asking to change rooms there was none available until the next day, upon changing the next room no better!
6. There was evening entertainment which being backpackers we are used to but others may not appriciate loud music until 11 pm that can be heard loudly from the room.

The only positive was the food, the chefs there cooked good meals much better then we had expected from the room quality we received!! The facilities were ok also, although I did not go for a swim the free wifi in reception was handy!

I definitely would not recommend toany of my friends, I have stayed in much better hostels then that hotel!!!

• Stayed: April 2011
2  Thank Tiaang
Reviewed 23 April 2011

Even though our holiday was almost a year ago we are still in the process of legal action against Thomas Cook for selling this shambolic holiday . In almost thirteen years of travel to Egypt( a country we absolutely adore) this was by far the worst experience we have ever had. Do not book this hotel under any circumstances..it is so bad that it gives Egypt a bad name.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank gnjclarkson
Reviewed 29 March 2011

INts my third day at the hotel and so far so good. After reading some of the reviews I was a bit worried. The hotel is nice. It's not a UK standard 4 star but it is decent and I would not describe it as faulty towers. The grounds are nice, rooms are good although there is a funny smell in the bathroom but only sometimes, we solved it by closing the bathroom door. There is a nice pool with clean water. Downside is you can't go in to the sea from the beach its full of corals. You have to walk to the jetty which takes 5 minutes. And it is a bit windy at the moment and the sea is rough. If you like piece and quiet than you will enjoy it if your after parties and nightlife than look for a busier place.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank Laki22
Reviewed 25 March 2011

I arrived late afternoon to meet a nice guy at reception, while explaining about the Hotel I was offered a welcome drink, because I had difficulty sometimes with walking I was given a room with a small terrace wich went right onto the beach, my room was very nice and clean with a wet room in the bathroom which suited me fine, towels were changed every day and bedding twice a week. The service was very good tea & coffee and drinks on hand when you asked (I was all incluseve), the restaurant was very good for value a choice of meat, fish, or beef with various veg and lots of salad, meats, cheese etc. if you are expecting British Food then you need to holiday in Britain, Sun Sea Hotel is in EGYPT
The general Manager Brigit was a very good at her job, nothing was a challenge for her, if you needed something done Brigit seen to it. Overall I had a great holiday and would go back again, I met many people 80% were great and the 20% your usual moaners.I am a seasoned traveler I know what I like and this Hotel suited my needs.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo