US$86
US$67
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Dahab Plaza Hotel(Dahab)(Great Value!)
US$17
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$19/night.

US$99
US$70
US$70
US$42
US$37
The Bedouin Moon Hotel(Dahab)(Great Value!)
US$24
US$51
US$39
Shams Hotel(Dahab)(Great Value!)
US$38
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 May 2011

Being a backpacker I do not expect alot what so ever just a clean bed really. This hotel is supposed to be a holiday resort for families and more of a treat for us. Where can I start.....
1. Rooms weren't ready upon check in and we got there at 9pm so well after check in opens we were waiting an hour almost
2. The toilet did not flush, therefore ever day the cleaner would come in to the built up of our business
3. The sheets were dirty, my pillow had a crusty brown stain on it.
4. Our friends room had the light hanging out the ceiling, big brown stains on the sheets and the room smelt off.
5 when asking to change rooms there was none available until the next day, upon changing the next room no better!
6. There was evening entertainment which being backpackers we are used to but others may not appriciate loud music until 11 pm that can be heard loudly from the room.

The only positive was the food, the chefs there cooked good meals much better then we had expected from the room quality we received!! The facilities were ok also, although I did not go for a swim the free wifi in reception was handy!

I definitely would not recommend toany of my friends, I have stayed in much better hostels then that hotel!!!

• Stayed: April 2011
2  Thank Tiaang
Reviewed 23 April 2011

Even though our holiday was almost a year ago we are still in the process of legal action against Thomas Cook for selling this shambolic holiday . In almost thirteen years of travel to Egypt( a country we absolutely adore) this was by far the worst experience we have ever had. Do not book this hotel under any circumstances..it is so bad that it gives Egypt a bad name.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank gnjclarkson
Reviewed 29 March 2011

INts my third day at the hotel and so far so good. After reading some of the reviews I was a bit worried. The hotel is nice. It's not a UK standard 4 star but it is decent and I would not describe it as faulty towers. The grounds are nice, rooms are good although there is a funny smell in the bathroom but only sometimes, we solved it by closing the bathroom door. There is a nice pool with clean water. Downside is you can't go in to the sea from the beach its full of corals. You have to walk to the jetty which takes 5 minutes. And it is a bit windy at the moment and the sea is rough. If you like piece and quiet than you will enjoy it if your after parties and nightlife than look for a busier place.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank Laki22
Reviewed 25 March 2011

I arrived late afternoon to meet a nice guy at reception, while explaining about the Hotel I was offered a welcome drink, because I had difficulty sometimes with walking I was given a room with a small terrace wich went right onto the beach, my room was very nice and clean with a wet room in the bathroom which suited me fine, towels were changed every day and bedding twice a week. The service was very good tea & coffee and drinks on hand when you asked (I was all incluseve), the restaurant was very good for value a choice of meat, fish, or beef with various veg and lots of salad, meats, cheese etc. if you are expecting British Food then you need to holiday in Britain, Sun Sea Hotel is in EGYPT
The general Manager Brigit was a very good at her job, nothing was a challenge for her, if you needed something done Brigit seen to it. Overall I had a great holiday and would go back again, I met many people 80% were great and the 20% your usual moaners.I am a seasoned traveler I know what I like and this Hotel suited my needs.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank caviegal
Reviewed 22 March 2011

We stayed there for two weeks. Being used to budget places, we found this one a big mistake. Moved 3 times. Had to argue to do that. Ended in a room where hot water was on for 4 minutes every hour. Complained about it numerous times only to hear on the last day that the boiler was faulty. No compensation or apology. Anything that the hotel offers "extra" is priced dearly. Reception staff, with some exceptions, rude, unprofessional and not interested in helping you with anything at all. Higher lever manager a little nicer, but couldn't care less.
Rooms are run down and although cleaned daily, were left dirty. Had to request new towels almost every day after the old ones were taken away. Left tips for the cleaner, but that didn't change anything so stopped leaving them. On one occasion the tip was taken but the room left uncleaned. After complaining, we had a cleaner from another area of the hotel sent in and that was the only time the room was cleaned properly. To have anything done, you have to ask numerous times and that is not what you want to waste your time on. And I'm not talking about anything unusual. We had to ask for things like new towels, toilet rolls, clean sheets.
At one time several guests of the hotel got food poisoning. Although I must say, otherwise food was ok and the kitchen and restaurant staff very friendly and helpful. Most other staff on non-managerial level were friendly as well. Also the shop owner. Unfortunately, the few that have some say in that place do their job really poorly.
The beach looks ok in photos, but it's part shingle and the entry into the water is rocks, so not great if you want to go swimming. It's full of cigarette butts and not cleaned. There's a jetty great for snorkelling and diving but with children it's rather useless. Highly recommend hotels on the other side of Dahab that have sandy beaches and higher standard. And they are not much more expensive, I've checked that after return from holidays and wish we had made a different choice of the hotel. We went to the beach there and enjoyed it very much. These beaches are public, taxi costs about 30 both ways, you can make a deal with a driver who will come back to pick you up. Usually the asking price is 40 one way, but if your haggle, you'll get a decent price. Local taxis usually don't have seat belts and it may be a concern with children, it was for me at least, but they drive quite carefully and usually the traffic is small.
For children there's a small playground, not lit in the evening and in January it was dark at 5 pm, still lots of time to play, but it was dark in the playground. For smaller children there are high chairs, but that's about it. Broken ping pong table, darts remembering better times and old pool table. In general, children are not taken into account as guests in that hotel. Evening meal starting at 7 pm makes sense in summer, no sense in winter months at all, and again no concern for families with children. Standard rooms are really small, they offer upgrade to a suite at a ridiculous price of 60 dollars per day on top of what we had already paid (you will hear most prices in dollars there). You may easily guess we didn’t accept the upgrade, although it was being forced on us.
I can recommend the Bedouins who had their tent and camels on the beach. Very nice and friendly, camel rides are fine too; try their tea, very sweet but good. There is a trip guy too, bought one trip from him and it was ok but not good value for money, I would go to look for a better deal somewhere else next time.
To sum up: go to Dahab (when and if it's safe again), but chose a hotel by a sandy beach. It's close to snorkelling sites too, so you'd not miss anything. Avoid this hotel and you'll have a great holiday in Egypt. Some staff told us they were surprised people were still coming to this hotel. That tells you everything.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family