US$30
US$27
US$25
US$70
  • Breakfast included
Alf Leila Boutique Hotel.(Dahab)(Great Value!)
US$36
US$31
Dahab Bay Hotel(Dahab)(Great Value!)
US$33
US$96
US$70
US$51
US$162
Otel.com
  • Breakfast included
The Bedouin Moon Hotel(Dahab)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewssea viewa bit saltydive centreair conditiontripsdivinghostelegyptchillac
Reviewed 1 June 2012

This is a review about the penguin village.

Booked the sea view room wich was quite expensive for 20 euros, had a salty water shower and a not really good working but very noisy air con.

Towles I got on request, but no soap.

For this price the room should be in a better conditions.(doors had no handel)

The public toilet and the cheaper 5 euro rooms are cochroach infested, my room was fine.

The owner was friendly but really tried to push me hard into getting the "breakfast deal" signing up for a week of breakfast at penguin, and saving.. wohoo... 80 euro cents.

I did not like his pushy manipulative way of talking, but thats my personal opinione, other travelers had no problem with him...

They have a very good and reliabel (but overpriced- 30 euros) taxi service to sharm, I recommend that still.

Also the "tall guy" at the reception and the "night audit" were very friendly.

(recomment the dive shop and restraurant but thats not the review on).

So you might try to walk some meters and check in some other places with brand new rooms and brand new air con for a lesser price, and maybe still hang out at the restaurant to meet travellers.

Room Tip: check the air con before you choose a room:)
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 May 2012

This is the Penguin Restaurant review only as I stayed at Jowhara Hotel across the road.

I made various friends who stayed at Penguin Village throughout my week in Dahab in May 2012 and the Penguin Restaurant became our meeting place! Incredibly friendly staff, good food and genuinely attentive service.

Many a time I was sat alone enjoying the sea view whilst waiting for friends, the staff never pushed me to place order. In fact, they checked on me every now and again for small talk just to make sure I was ok. It was really lovely as I was travelling on my own and they really looked after me. In fact once they've established I was a 'regular', they'd always say 'Welcome Home' when I returned for dinner.

Must try their Bedouin Dinner. It's a massive calamari, shrimps and veg dish baked in foil. Really lovely seasoning. There was also rice and chips to accompany it! I tried my hardest to finish, but halfway through I had to give in!

Their breakfast is also nice. And at 15le you can't complain!

Will certainly be returning 'home' for dinner when I come back to Dahab later on this year.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank hellobayo
Reviewed 21 April 2012

It was my third time in Dahab, and third time at Penguin Village. This time i had organized a large group of 20 people!

Ahmed at reception pays real attention to your needs...he deserves A+....good choice of the manager Mr Emad!!! What ever you need go ask the reception :)

People cleaning the rooms do little extras to make you appreciate your room!

Osama and is team do a great job at the restaurant...food is great!

Last but not least...Mr Tarik (manager) , Hanan, Mostafa and the other DM's at Penguin diver are great hosts!

Thank you again! Shukran...i will be back...again!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank gdecarie
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Pleasant surprise, which all these transformations has the Penguin hotel!!! We already had there stay next year some small critics has to make, but well the situation the price more than attractive, we returned this year to discover a completely transformed place, rooms simply but magnificently decorated, and very appropriate(clean). Breakfasts delicious and most it is the new restaurant, we eat there simply but divinely with an attentive service of a rare kindness a warmest welcome. We recommend you Happy hour one moment of user-friendliness(conviviality) in a place of the most magic of Miami Beach.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank klo139
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Located at the quieter end of town on the beach promenade, away from all the noise & people, this backpacker hotel offers a mix of services from dive shop, beachfront restaurant, internet cafe, tour operator, laundry & can organise coach tickets to Sharm, Neweiba, Petra, Cairo & Luxor - $30 AUD 17 hours. It’s value without all the fancy packaging. We walked in without any reservations & bargained for a good discount.

Room 106 is a beachfront room, air con, hot water & a great wooden balcony overlooking the restaurant & Red Sea, made famous by Moses. Free WiFi is slow from the room, access passwords are reset daily. The balcony offers beautiful sunrises from the Red Sea. Staff are very friendly, speak good English & don’t employ creepy old men. Plenty of food & cheap drinks within walking distance, all late night in this backpacker town.

Being in the middle of the Sinai Desert, the shower water was slightly salty & the room had a sewerage smell which we had to air out. There were stray cats who made themselves at home on our balcony but it’s a good omen to have in Egypt. No TV in the room but in this laid back town the cold beers flow & the music cranks up a notch. Would probably return.

Room Tip: definately choose a balcony room for smokers & sunrises
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends