“NIGHTMARE”
Review of Al Mashrabiya

Al Mashrabiya
Ranked #178 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Reviewed 17 November 2012

Do not ever go to this hotel. That was a nightmare!! I paid for 3 people staying and when we arrived we get tiny room with 2 single beds. When I asked the stuff how we are going to sleep there, they answered "Put these 2 beds together" - they've been actually serious. After long arguing we get a third bed. It was few roaches in a room, bathroom was extremely horrible and dirty. The bedding smelled bad - probably they didn't wash them. During the first night (we had a room on a ground floor) we left the window open with the curtains on. Someone undue the curtains and was watching us during sleep with a flashlight... what the fuc..! You're coming to the hotel have some rest and have to be aware of psycho-perverts security. I couldn't stand it anymore and just gave some money to the manager and asked for better room which I get but it's still was not enough for me.
Food - I just came back after a week and I actually lost my weight! I had an all inclusive. Basically they serve all the same things all day long. Poor selection of vegetables. The All Inclusive offer drinks are served in 100 ml plastic cups!!! Really!! And they often like to run out of things. No water,no beer - happened really often. I've never seen a wine there (It was supposed to be in offer) Local alcohols (gin,whisky,vodka) are horrible. Just taste like tesco value spirits. The stuff is ok, but for example when I needed a bowl,spoon and boiled water to prepare medication for my sick friend. They were making deal out of this and keep asking me If I'm sure I'm going to return this. It was a horrible week and waste of money. DO NOT EVER GO TO THIS HOTEL!!

Room Tip: Bribe a stuff.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
11  Thank Wiwi1212

Reviewed 26 October 2012

Both myself and wife stayed here overnight. Arriving at 4.00pm we were met by staff that I can only say were completely disinterested in helping in any way. We was given a key to a small chalet. The room was small and honestly the dirtiest we have even encountered. The AC had only one speed and that was full on! as the control knobs had been removed. The walls were covered in squashed mosquites! The rear window overlooked a small courtyard that was under repair so not a window to want to leave curtains open. A real mess. The double bed had single sheets and were stained. The shower/toilet room was also dirty with a shower curtain secured by some string to the ceiling. The beach was nice but completely inadequate for the number of quests. The resturant served a selection of food but this area was also dirty with little care taken on presentation. The bar staff were rude and unhelpful. Clearly struggling with the concept that some people like a coffee rather than bottles of vodka. I could go on for ages but wont. I will never visit this hotel again or recommend it to anyone.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
12  Thank Julie B
Reviewed 27 September 2012

I travelled with my girlfriend. Before we came to Hurghada we didn´t know in which hotel we will be placed. And then we came to hotel Al Mashrabiya. Our first contact with reception man, Mr. Mohamed Esmail was very professional. He is very kind and friendly. And during whole vacation we had very good relationship.
I would like to say thanks to Islam - Tito. He is the best beach barman on the world.
We had very great time with animation team - Lucka, Tito, Jamaica and Kuku. About their animations we can´t talk in words, becouse they are really something special. I recomend you to come in Mashrabiya hotel to watch their show. You will enyoj it.
I would like to say thanks to staff in the kitchen. We had very good food.
We want to give praise to all staff becouse we saw that they wish to do everything good for this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Igor Z
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Al Mashrabiya is beautiful hotel,with a very nice beach, and very nice people. The room are smaller, but very comfortable, i felt really like at home. The beach is clean and very, very nice. Stuff on the beach and in the all hotel is very friendly, when u need something, they do everything for making u happy!!!!!!!! ..... The food is very taste,lot of sweeties, meal, and u can eat everything u want!!!!!!! Number 1*!!!!! .... Not good for a diet :p ..... I really hope, that i ll come back again to this hotel, cause it was the best time of my life!!! .... Special thanks for Happy ANimation Team, for a great time, lot of fun!!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank MonikaNTeplice
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Best vacation of my life in a beautiful hotel that is the true image of Egypt. Great compliments to all employees who are immeasurable kindness made ​​me feel more than welcome.Wonderful people, a comfortable hotel, nice food, beautiful beach and many GOOD FUN...YOU MUST TO FEEL AND SEE THAT! Also much gratitude for the wonderful moments spent whit <3 HAPPY TEAM <3 of animators Jamaica,Tito,Sherif and Koko! Thank you all! <3 Al Mashrabiya

Room Tip: rooms on the second floor overlooking the pool and beach
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends