“NO one question........... 6 stars hotel !!!”

Albatros Palace Resort
Ranked #39 of 221 Hotels in Hurghada
Budapest, Hungary
“NO one question........... 6 stars hotel !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

I saw so much hotel before, but this is one of the nicest one. Perfectly organized, and built by maroccan-nubian style, so If you want to feel yourself really arabic milieu, you will love it!
I love it!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Fruzsina F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Slovak first
London, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

Booked this hotel through Hotels4u for half term. Had to pinch myself when the price came in at well under £500 for a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids) for 9 nights including transfers and tickets for the Fantasia Show in a sister hotel. I was worried that some error had been made right up until arrival!
The hotel is one of several Pickalbatros hotels in Hurghada. The hotel has an impressive lobby decorated in a Moroccan style. The reception staff lack enthusiasm but are efficient and the check in process was pretty painless. We had to wait a short while for our room but by the time we had our breakfast our bags had been taken upto our room. We did not have one of the premium rooms facing the hotel pool and can't say we were disadvantaged in any way. Our view was of the neighbouring Beach Albatros Hotel's pool instead! The standard room was large with a King sized bed, a comfortable double sofa-bed, ample storage, decent sized bathroom with walk in shower. The free digital safe was a real bonus - large enough to fit a notebook or i-pad.There's a small flat screen TV with enough English channels. The mini-bar is filled with bottle water daily. The rooms aren't luxuriously decorated and could do with updating, especially the tiling in the bathroom but they are extremely clean.This reflects the hotel as a whole which is constantly being cleaned and maintained. The complex is huge and if you can get a room which is halfway down either 'wing' then you should be equidistant to the main hotel with the restaurants at one end and the beach at the other. The corridors which are tiled can get a little noisy at night but it has usually quietened down by midnight.
The pools are beautiful and clean but too cool to swim in at this time of year. Only the children's pool was heated with plenty of gentle slides and fountains, my kids loved it.
There is ample choice of food in all the restaurants, it's all a bit bewildering at first but you soon get to know which are your favourites. I'd recommend having lunch at the beach restaurant or food court (where you can also pick up freshly cooked crepes throughout the day). Our favourites restaurants were the Mediterranean (which also includes some Egyptian dishes) and the Moroccan (better than food I've had in Morocco!). The kids couldn't get enough of the freshly baked pizzas in the Italian restaurant. The waiters work tirelessly and cheerfully and none demand tips. While we were there there was a Valentine's Day banquet with an amazing display. Breakfasts are a bit repetitive however. Didn't have any problem with the other guests, Eastern European or otherwise!
This was a very child friendly hotel - there is kids club which is within the food court and you can register the children.They are not far from the sunloungers and you can pop-in and check on them whenever you like. It is run by the animation team members who are around the hotel all day long. There is a great mini-disco every evening at 8.30.
Scattered throughout the hotel are numerous bars, cafes, a shisha corner and a terrace where there is a different live singer every night (of variable quality).
We went on a 1 day excursion to Luxor which is a long day but highly recommended - the hotel will give you a little packed breakfast to take with you if you tell them the night before, dinner is still available in one of the restaurants when you get back. We also went to the Fantasia show at the Alf Leila Waleila, the hotel arranges a minibus transfer. The kids found it pretty entertaining, the whirling dervishes were very good.
Wi-Fi is available at the hotel but you have to buy an access card and reception is only good in the interior part of the hotel. 1 hour costs 5 euros which I thought was expensive. The guy selling the cards will lend you one of his lap-tops if you ask.
We enjoyed our stay very much but I'm sure the bargain price has had some impact on my impression of the place, although if I'd paid twice as much, I can't say I'd be particularly disappointed!

Room Tip: second floor.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

We stayed at the Albatros Palace From 18th - 25th Feb 2012 and had an amazing time. It was my 1st All Inclusive holiday and I'll be honest I was a little worried about the quality of the food etc. But I have to say, on the whole, the standard was very good. The breakfasts got a little monotonous after a week, but the choice in the evening was fab. We ate most nights at the Asian buffet with helpings of the freshly made bread from the bakery. All the wait staff (Also the baker and Bell boy) are very friendly... I think we were the only British people at the hotel (the majority seeming to be German and Russian)... So were treated a little bit like celebrities, which I found quite funny :-)

We were there to celebrate my birthday and the hotel organised for a birthday cake and card to be left in my room which was a lovely touch.

My only minor grumble is that the reception staff don't really seem to know what going on - we asked them for information several times and were always left slightly more confused than when we started.

We took the Luxor day trip booked through our rep at the hotel, and would recommend this to everyone. This was my 1st trip to Egypt and would not even contemplate not seeing some of the history and culture. I wont lie to you, it is a long day with a 5.30am start and 11.30pm return. But it is an experience that will stay with me forever. Karnak was mind blowing.

I would happily recommend this hotel to anyone! We had no bad experiences, no illness and no complaints!

Room Tip: The hotel offers lots of excursions, but if you want to save some money visit an agency in the Downt...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lianne26
The Hague, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

We spent a week in January 2012. Our tour operator was Arke. All inclusive.
It was indeed good value for money. Room and service were very good
However, it is worth to notice that if you have a room on the swimming pool side, it could get noisy in the afternoon because of the music played continuoosly.
There is no free internet and the signal is not enough for a good reception.
Finally, although the food was quiite good, the quality of the local drinks, which are the ones one can have, could be better.
Excellent pool and beach.

Room Tip: I would prefer a room not facing the pool and close to the hotel main building.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Vilnius, Vilniaus Apskritis, Lithuania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

talking about colors dominating by very european hotel.
good beach with coral reefs, and very big pool ir hotel area
very clean and cosy
the worst thing - poor animation
everybody can find to what do themselves - go to disco, stay in hotel and watch singers coming each evening
mostly german older people couples so if really want to rest - this hotel best decision
coffee bar - 10, asian restaurant - 10,italian restaurant - 10, beach bar - 9, but very good beer
breakfast everywhere - most 2, who like salad - just tomatoes and cucumbers