1,968 results
All reviews chalet room sahl hasheesh jacuzzi pool animation team mr tamer nile cruise main pool free upgrade sea view special thanks restaurant manager guest relations fish italian restaurant lobby bar pasta station soft drinks
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Very nice hotel at area of Sahl Hashish. Animation team is very nice ( Tino ,Coba, Christina and Ozoo) and very lovely . Food quality is great. Recommend to go. lot of water-sports you can take an electric bike to go around beside the beach

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Ramez M
OLDPALACEMANAGEMENT, Manager at Old Palace Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Mr. Ramez,

On behalf of the entire team I would like to thank you very much for having chosen our Resort for your precious vacation and for your very positive review.

It’s a big pleasure to know that we succeed to meet your expectations and you have enjoyed your time with us.

We are sending you our heartfelt greetings from the Red Sea as well as from our superb entertaining Animation Team.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Not a 5-stars hotel at all.

I can't believe this is happening to a guest booking a honeymoon package!

Starting from the arrival, their supervisor refused to upgrade my room free of charge although my package was offering so!

They put me in first place in a room with the worst view in their hotel, until I asked to move to a better one, yet not the best.

Room FB:
- mini bar is empty (and guess what, my package includes a free mini bar with free refilling every 3 nights!)
- TV is CRT!
- only shampoo and shower gel with only one soap in the bathroom amenities.
- no tissues in the room, nor besides the bathroom mirror (only for the toilet, yet its holder is broken!)
- AC control is not working, it's only ON or OFF!
- floor is ceramic, with only one small rug
- Ventilation of the bathroom is not working!

Aside of the poor room, I just woke-up this morning on the sound of a steel cutting saw machine!!! which lasted for about 2 hrs, and when I got fed-up with the sound and called the hotel they just said "OK, we will check it out." .. And that check never happened! And I had to call once again after ~30 mins and talk to the supervisor before they turn that super noisy machine off!!

3 hours later, a metal knocking noisy sound started! And when I called them I got the unprofessional reply "no other guest has complained about it."!!!!! Not only that, when the supervisor called me 15 mins later to follow-up on my complaint he said "what is wrong sir, I can't here any noisy sound? NO OTHER GUEST HAS COMPLAINED, maybe it's coming from your room." Seriously!!!

Also, I've been told (written) that my package includes 3 in room dining *meals*, however when I requested some food (just some bakery) by lunch time they said "sorry sir only breakfast is included in that offer, and you need to book it from the previous night."
And when the meal is finally is there, I figured out that the room is missing a teaspoon, so I called them asking for one to sweeten my cappuccino with some sugar, yet the spoon never showed-up.

What kind of beachfront hotels does not have a booth for thr towels on the beach! And only on the pool, and when I asked for clean one, there was no available! And the excuse "you came too late"

Speaking of staff, I never experienced such unprofessional hotel team ever. They are too noisy (speak loadly, sings in the gardens/corridors, put stuff on the ground hardly .. etc), also they have their lunch with guests in the dinning room! Although the restaurant was quite busy!

Have you noticed the rooms' prices though?! Funny thing, isn't it?

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank hsn_abdelhadi

Dear Guest ,

First of all, we would like to express our sincere gratitude for choosing old palace resort for your recent vacation. and sharing your comments here on TripAdvisor. We are disappointed to learn that despite of the amount of satisfied guests, who are experiencing enjoyable vacation with us, your expectations were not met in all points.
Whilst, we all wish you had a better experience, the hotel’s ultimate values are to deliver a seamless and an exceptional guest experience to everyone visiting our resort but we must to respect the visitors rights for the different expectations from the holiday and preferences in regards the food, the accommodation etc.
Nevertheless, your reputable opinion will be passed on to the Hotel management and the necessary actions will be taken so that we can provide an exceptionally high level of service worthy of our guests.

On behalf of the staff and management our regrets for not creating an unforgettable stay on this occasion and we would like another opportunity to prove to you that the old palace resort Sahl Hasheesh lives-up to its reputation.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Best holydays in this year. I realy like it there. The Beach IS perfekt there And i like all bars there. The food is Very exciting too. I like my room because it is clean evry tím vhen i come into it.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Filip M

Dear Mr. Filip ,

We would like to express our deepest gratitude for choosing our resort and we are delighted to know that you found the hotel as a wonderful. It was our great pleasure to welcome you here, surround you with our utmost care and attention and all Old Palace resort team is looking forward to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I enjoyed my two weeks in the old palace. the room, a chalet room, was lovely. food was good, plenty of choice, and very pleasant service. the people who made my holiday extra special were those in the animation team, ahmed tino, ahmed oozo, and all the others. would love to return.

Room tip: chalet room was fantastic, but standard rooms are fine
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Wander62108
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I loved the stay there,everything was excellent,very friendly staff,tasty food,excellent animation team and lots of activities to do and the beach water there is very clear and amazing,special thanks to mr tino

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest ,

It was our great pleasure to welcome you to our luxurious resort after having read your very positive feedback. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and have such fond memories about the hotel. Our goal is to reach total customer satisfaction and we really hope that you will give us honor to welcome you again to our sunny resort under the hospitable Egyptian sun