SENTIDO Palm Royale(Hurghada)
US$187
US$117
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$133/night.

US$144
US$269
US$262
US$221
2,360 results
All reviewsaqua parkbeach barfishgames roomwave poolgreat holidaysister hotelswim up roomquad bikingsoft drinksanimation teamlife guardssenzo malldesert safarismall tipeastern europeansa la carte
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel from the 30th August until 6th September. The hotel itself is lovely and the pools are amazing, the on site water park was very good also. Drinks are self-serve unless you would like alcohol then the bar staff do this for you. When we arrived we were allocated the incorrect room, however promptly speaking to the reception this was changed. We then were allocated a lovely room facing the sea, it was a long walk up to reception each day and to the restaurants but well worth it. The bed in the room was massive downfall it was very hard and the pillows very lumpy so couldn't get a good nights sleep.

As per all reviews on here, the hotel mainly caters for Russians, Dutch and Germans, if food is your number one priority this hotel is not for you if you're not one of the above. The food was repetitive, nothing ever changes, you had rice, veg, and whatever you could make out of the rest as it didn't ever look like what it was labelled. Not one night in the 7 nights we were there was the food any different. However, after speaking to the hotel manager and the restaurant manager we managed to use the A la Carte restaurants every night. Most don't need reservations, however if you don't reserve you have to arrive at 1830 or wait an hour. The duck in the Chinese was the best I have ever tasted it's a must!

Overall, the hotel was lovely, the staff were friendly and nice it's just a shame they do not really cater for the British people.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank YoungMan123
Reviewed 30 August 2017

I should start by saying that I love the red sea resorts of Sharm and Hurghada, and have been coming for 20 years. We've never had a bad experience in any Egyptian hotel because we know what their 5 star means and we know what makes a good holiday for us. If you want English food, posh cocktails and all mod cons then don't come here. if you want beautiful pools, slides, stunning sea life, comfy beds, are willing to try different foods and mix with other nationalities who may do things differently to you then give it a go. The negative reviews on here are really harsh in my opinion.

On arrival late at night (our Thomas Cook flight was 2 hours late) we were checked in very efficiently and were able to get something to eat in the Jack restaurant until midnight. There were breads, salads, some hot stews and rice, drinks (juices and sodas) and desserts. Exactly what we needed after a very long day. Our room was a family room with separate kids bedroom, on arrival the extra bed for our 3rd son was not there but a quick phone call to reception and it arrived 5 minutes later. There was water and coke in the mini fridge. The air con was great, a bit noisy but so is most aircon we have come across. The bathroom was fine although one night the water pressure in the shower was very low, but back to normal the next day. We had a fantastic housekeeper called Taha, he kept us well supplied with towels, toilet rolls, drinks and kept the room spotless. There were towel sculptures every day too. We left him £1 each day and gave him £10 at the end of our stay as we thought he did a brilliant job and always checked with us if we were happy or if we needed anything.

The pools were beautiful, the perfect temperature in 40 degree heat and of varying depths. We never had a problem getting sunbeds and we certainly didn't get up early to do so. On average we went down to the pool at about 10 and always found a good spot. The aqua park was thoroughly enjoyed by all of us. Yes some of the tiling is a bit rough but just watch where you're walking, it's hardly a death trap. The beach was my favourite place. The snorkelling at the end of the jetty was brilliant and the beach itself was quiet and peaceful. The beach restaurant served drinks all day and food (burgers, pizza, pasta, chips and salad) from 12:30-16:00. Yes if you go at 1pm when the aqua park shuts for lunch you will have to queue for about 10 mins max for food, so use a bit of common sense and go at 1:30 or 2, there are no queues then. Wherever we sat there were waiters taking drinks orders but we mostly just went to the bar ourselves. The swim up bar was where we ended up every day in the late afternoon. I cannot understand how a previous reviewer waited 39 minutes for a drink! Sometimes the bar is very busy and the waiters don't come to the water section, so again use common sense, get out of the pool and go to the bit where they are serving. We never had to wait more than 2-3 minutes there and we just carried the drinks back to the water seats. The gin and tonic with ice there was very nice.

We ate very well. Breakfast was fantastic in the Jack restaurant, we stuffed ourselves every morning on breads, omelettes, pancakes, salad, yoghurt and fruit, and tried some of the egyptian items. I've developed quite a taste for Halawa! We had lunch at the beach restaurant every day and in the evenings we either went to Cleopatra restaurant at the Palace side or we went to one of the a la cartes. The ones which require a reservation were the best (Japanese, Lebanese, the Grill) whereas we found the mongolian very hot (it's outside) and pretty tasteless. The Chinese had good food but the service was appalling. My youngest son got no food despite repeated requests so in the end we gave up and went to Jack's. What food we had was tasty but it's not ok to only feed some of the diners! The other disappointment with the a la cartes was that our middle son had his 12th birthday the night we went to the Lebanese restaurant. We told Janet this when reserving the table and she promised him a cake. This never happened, not sure where it went wrong but we saw kids getting cakes and a song in other restaurants so this was disappointing. Cleopatra was great, the service was spot on, we were always found a table straight away and the chips were easier to get for the kids than the other buffets! The live cooking stations outside always provided tasty food and the salads were lovely. All restaurants and bars had self service non-alcoholic drinks so we never went thirsty.

We used the onsite diving school for 3 days of diving. Our middle son got his PADI open water certification with them. We were happy with the service and diving and would use them again.

The clientele were a mixture of nationalities, there were lots of big egyptian and other arabic families (lots of burkinis!), eastern Europeans and a few English and western Europeans, although we were definitely in the minority. This didn’t bother us one bit. Overall we loved our time in this hotel and would happily return.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
6  Thank GemmaK77
Reviewed 22 August 2017

Just got back from a weeks holiday at the Titanic Beach. Took ages to check in and that was just 4 of us on our own as we got a taxi from the airport rather than taking the coach transfer. Reception staff unwelcoming and unhelpful, no one smiled and reception staff spoke little English. Arrived in the evening. Fridge not working in room, element was hot which made the drinks very warm, no towels whatsoever in bathroom and a light not working outside bathroom where mirror is. Within half an hour towels brought up but just hand towels so had to ask again for bath towels. I was told the fridge would be fixed in the morning. Next day returned to room late afternoon and fridge wasn't working, rung reception and they said they would send someone up. Nobody came. At 7pm when we were ready and changed for dinner, went to reception and they got on to phone straight away to someone to fix fridge and ask that I go all the way back to the room (10 min walk away) to empty contents of my safe as the fridge and safe are one unit and he would get someone up there and then. Emptied safe, went out for the evening and upon returning around 10.00pm the fridge still not fixed. Within the next hour and a half I rung reception several times, with a good 20-25 min break, kept promising to send someone up but no one came. I finally asked to speak with the manager but he wasn't available, said they would get him to ring me back, when it got to 11.45 pm I turned my light out and no phone call was received.
The next morning I spoke with the Manager and the fridge was promptly fixed, I was offered late check out for the inconvenience.
I never pursued the light to be fixed due to delay of fixing fridge.
No water bottle fridges anywhere in the hotel, your water was the bottles in the fridge in the room which you could refill in the lobby area/restaurants or buy water in the shop in the hotel.
The food was diabolical. Such a shame. There was not one dish in Jack or Rose that seemed appetising, maybe a bit of chicken. Fish was slimy, potatoes hard, some meals looked like mush. Salads didn't look fresh either (what salads there were) and no vegetables apart from a few courgettes. We ate out 4 nights at the Marina which was lovely and got a 2 course meal with drinks for 4 people for around £40.00. This was about 20 mins away in a taxi where we haggled outside hotel as hotel taxis cost a fortune. Price was usually 100 Egyptian pounds one way to Marina. No more or 70 if you're lucky!
The staff were not very professional. Lots of Egyptians with families there, perhaps the food was catered more for them.
On a plus note, the weather was fantastic, the beach was lovely although don't go hear if you like swimming in the sea, it was knee high for about a mile out! Lovely and warm if you like a paddle though.
The reception and lobby areas were very nice, marble with comfortable sofas and seating.
Only managed boiled eggs, cheese and salami and a bit of fruit for breakfast. Lipton tea which made a relatively good cuppa!
Booked a boat trip which cost £80 and couldn't go as I became ill for 3 days with stomach cramps etc, couldn't get a refund as it was within 24 hours of trip, could only get a refund if I got a doctors note so went to the hospital in next door hotel, Titanic Palace but was told I had to pay 200 Euros for medication to obtain a doctors note, with an excess of £75 on my holiday insurance, it wasn't worth it, plus I was returning home in 2 days.
All in all I felt this was not a 5* as advertised, more like a 3*. Would not go back to this hotel but would definitely go back to Egypt.
Return flight was delayed over 16 hours so got put up in a 5* courtesy hotel, Sentido Malmouk by Sunrise, this was a proper 5*, professional customer service, food was fantastic and the hotel itself was really nice, amazing décor, a remarkable difference to the Titanic Beach.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as near the Reception / facilities as possible
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank suz70city
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Just got back from titanic beach aqua park. Was there with family for a week. Staff at reception don't speak much English. Hotel room... a.c wasn't working, fridge wasn't working, nor was the toilet. Checked in about 9.30pm. Wasn't resolved till 2.00 am. ( was with my two children aswell). Rooms are no Better than a 3*. Definitely need refurbishing. Beach is nice along with kids pool and rides. There's two main restaurants jack and rose. During the week the food was near enough the same. A lot of Germans and Russians at this hotel. As previous reviews have mentioned this food isn't catered for the English. So beware if booking all inclusive. Would advise to bring some food with you if worried about kids eating. Weather was beautiful. The mini bar in your room is 3 small bottles of water and one bottle of coke that's it. Rooms are down to pot luck. As I was reading reviews before I left and was hoping for a decent room to make sure the long first day ended hassle free. However, it wasn't to be.there Isn't many places to eat outside the hotel. As McDonald's and KFC are down town near marina. All activities like bowling, games room and tennis must be paid for at a additional charge, similar prices to uk. If your ok with vegetables and something light this hotel is decent. Otherwise I wouldn't recommend.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank uzbuzz
Webcoordinator T, Guest Relations Manager at Titanic Beach Spa & Aqua Park, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Dear valued Guest!
We are truly grateful to share your comments on the Trip Advisor Forum.
We deeply regret that you did not enjoy your stay with us.
Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced.
We will make sure to find a permanent solution to upgrade our services to satisfy all our esteemed guests.
All your objections have been transferred to the each department and I hope in the future we will try to find a permanent solution to upgrade and to satisfy all our esteemed guests.
We hope that next time you will have only Good vacation.
Web Coordinator
Titanic Group

Reviewed 14 August 2017

We travelled as a family group of nine, including two disabled children. We arrived at 9:45pm feeling exhausted and tried to check in. We have travelled widely and expected this to be a simple exercise, a very rude man behind the desk shuffled papers for 45 mins, until I asked to speak to the manager. He arrived and said there had obviously been a mix up, two of the rooms were okay but they didn't appear to have a reservation for my husband and myself and even though we had all the correct vouchers and booking details they would not allow us to stay in the hotel until we booked a room for the night. They wouldn't even let us make a phone call and the situation was only rectified the following morning when my husband contacted our agents. Definitely not impressive treatment.
Overall the rooms are clean but every single day I had to chase the room boy looking for towels something I have never had to do before. The drinks in the fridge were only replaced three times in a two week stay. There is no hospitality tray in the rooms so you can't make a hot drink either. The toiletries in the bathroom don't get replaced and we had to resort to pinching toilet rolls from the public areas for use in our rooms.
The pool areas are clean and the children loved the water park but don't try and get a drink at the pool bar, the record was a 39 minute wait and it isn't the waiters fault there just isn't enough staff.
The food is very very poor quality and boring, it is aimed at the local people so you won't find anything you recognise or anything that looks vaguely tasty. Food is not replenished when trays are empty. The menu is almost the same every day. We lived on toast, bread and watery soup. The desserts were nice and a self service so we filled up those.
It is really a shame because this hotel could be a real 5star hotel, they just need to train their reception staff not to be so rude, they need to get their housekeeping sorted and spend a bit more on food.

Room Tip: Swim up rooms are nice
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family