1,153 results
All reviewsthree cornersanimation teamaquarius barmahmoud tayeegeneral manager mrspecial thankssee you soonsister hotel next doorsea viewsmall hotelbig thankstowel manfishguest relationsvisited this hotelcouldn't do enoughevening shows
Reviewed 22 June 2018

We stayed here as a couple and the hotel seemed good, rooms were clean and the food was actually quite nice. I didn't get ill until the last day and I think that was because I was a bit cocky and thought I could get away with eating some salad.. Should have stayed away from uncooked foods! The palm dates that they had out every day were delicious, as were the oranges!!
The lunch and dinner menu was changed daily and there was a nice BBQ option most nights. The breakfast was okay, omelette chef never really that happy although I appreciated that he was probably overworked. The snacks served during the day were poor-cheese/plastic looking meat rolls however we only used that service on one day.
The plates could have been cleaner-or the dishwasher cleaned! and the air conditioning could have been turned on, seriously the only time I felt i cool was in our room! The lobby, bar areas and restaurant was hot, hot, hot!
The staff, judging by the reviews that we read prior to booking could have been more attentive although to be fair, when they realised that we would tip them their service to us improved and by the end of the week they greeted us with smiles. There were a lot of flies and mosquitoes around the hotel a word of warning to those who get bitten by mosquitoes. The only defence this hotel has are guys walking around with fly spray, Occasionally. I was bitten about 300 times on my ankles (No exaggeration!) on the first night, sat outside the bar area and was in hospital the following day due to severe allergic reaction. Not pretty and very painful. I begged the hotel manager to invest in some citronella candles. Who knows if he paid heed, probably not because I am a woman and it is very much a man's world there. To be fair the manager did give me a plug in for the room, although there were no issues with the room it was the outside bar, bar and restaurant areas and yes I was annoyed at myself as I had forgotten to bring deet, I did buy it the following day and was not attacked again. Deet became my new perfume for the remaining of the stay.
Another word of warning, if anyone has to go the hospital get a taxi, I was charged £20 by hotel doctor for what would have been about £3 by taxi.
Overall a good stay, area was not great although we were not far from anywhere we wanted to go by taxi and beach was okay too, water on the first few day was crystal clear and great for snorkelling, when the wind picked up it caused a lot of silt to make water murky. There is also a lot of rubbish thrown around, we were picking bits out of the sea and I feel that the hotel need to take more responsibility for the conservation of the marine life there and the plastic cups and rubbish that must have an impact.We saw stingrays, loads of lovely fish, star fish and lots or sea urchins! Some corals too which were still alive.
Overall a nice stay and an alright hotel by Hurghada standards and of course the price.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elizabeth W
Lusine S, e-commerce at Royal Star Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2018

Dear Elizabeth W
It was a pleasure having you stay with us on your recent visit.
It's very important for us to take all comments in consideration and improve our hotel service. Kindly be assured that your remarks will be addressed to the management of the hotel.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

We booked this hotel for 14 nights 28 May to 12 June 2018, chosen as it was near to the scuba diving club we booked with 'Funny Divers' which was only 5mins walk away.
We booked a double pool view room and found the room had 2 large single beds, after asking reception and housekeeper apparently they dont have double beds, so we just pushed them together which gave more floor space.
The reception was a quick check in and a fruit juice on arrival, staff also helped with exchanging GBP to Egyptian pounds as the foyer money machine dont accept english money (but they rounded down the rate so we missed out on nearly 200 egyptian pounds in the exchange over the 2 weeks) There are some bank atm's in Hurgada which you can use to withdraw cash which we did also.
Room was clean, spacious, beds comfortable, hot shower and towels changed every day, the housekeeper did a good job, we were out every day so only saw him twice. He left 2 bottles of water in the fridge every day, one we used for brushing teeth (dont use tap water to digest and use bottle water in kettle too)
Lobby area was generally only wifi connection, but we found the flies inside the building to be annoying - some electronic fly catchers would be a great idea here!
There is only 1 bar but the staff were happy to serve and spoke good English, always smiling and wanting to serve you. It didnt bother me that drinks were served in plastic glasses (Health & safety for pool area possibly)
We found the restaurant food to be good, yes there is repetition but I always found something to eat and enjoyed the hot soup and fresh bread in evening. Freshly made Omelettes and pancakes were nice for breakfast. I only had lunch in the restaurant once but similar offering to evening. One small issue was the flies again inside the restaurant, so I steered away from salad as hot meals were covered.
We popped to the hotel next door twice for lunch in their open air snack area, on same all inclusive offer and had lovely fresh made pizza and burgers-worth a walk over.
Special mention to Khaled and Mohammed, waiters who served us for 2 weeks, working very hard and pleasant to chat with. Also the restuarant manager who we saw on a daily basis, it was great to see a manager working as hard as the staff, he always said hello and happy to help with anything, an asset to the hotel.
As we were diving nearly every day we didnt use the pool much but on the occasions we did I found the quirky dances the animation team did which were the same and repeated 5 or 6 times through the day quite annoying, the music was too loud and it wasnt entertaining. The guests were all adults so there were no children to benefit from this. I dont think the animation team brought anything to the hotel in my opinion.
The pool area was clean enough & pool refreshing when you jumped in, bear in mind your skin is already hot from the sun so at first it feels cold but infact it wasnt and was pleasant to swim in. Some towels were threadbare but I think were being replaced as bright orange towels were seen around and looked new, the faded orange towels all need replacing but realise this costs money.
Also a note about the black crows which circle the hotel grounds all the time in the daytime, one of them cheekily swooped down and stole a croissant from my plate one breakfast time (quite cheeky) so we decided to eat indoors for breakfast, no so much of an issue in the evening.

Overall I'd say for the price paid, this is a good hotel, We had comfortable, quiet night sleep, ate well and enjoyed our time there. I would return and use this hotel if I were diving again. But if planning to have a holiday in Hurgada to spent it solely in the hotel then maybe choose a bigger one as you will get bored in this one after a week.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool are quieter than those on the road at front of hotel
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear ElaineD972

Reviewed 19 June 2018

My friend and I stayed here for a week. We had a fab time. We booked 3 boat trips. swimming with the Dolphins was brilliant ! day out snorkelling was brilliant and did gifton island too
The staff were very attentive Armed in the Restaurant was always there with our drinks breakfast lunch and dinner he is a credit to the business. The little chef behind the carvery meat station (sorry cannot remember his
name is a little sweetie
Also the waiter the served out cocktails by the pool was a lovely boy he went to see his mum and dad before we left to go home, he is also a credit too the hotel (bad on names sorry) he was always smiling
Food was lovely and very tasty, the only criticism as it gets a bit repetitive but other than that I cannot complain.
This hotel is not really for children as the pool is very deep. The beach is ok but a bit shingly so I recommend beach shoes.
The entertainment was a bit hit and miss so I do recommend they sort that out.
But we are looking to go back next year so it cannot be that bad
oh one thing, the reception staff could look happier

Stayed: June 2018

Dear taffy1960
It was a pleasure having you stay with us on your recent visit.
Looking forward seeing you in next year

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Great hotel and staff. Beach is not the best so definitely needs improvements! Owner of the property should look around and realized how bad the beach actually is. Staff is just amazing, from reception to restaurant and bar. Animation team super friendly! Big thank you to Peter and restaurant manager! Also on the second beach there is an office for diving (see attached pic) best diving experience I have ever had! Mamado is the man if you want to have great experience and avoid any disappointments!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

Dear MateuszMagnowski
It was a pleasure having you stay with us on your recent visit.
We would like to form you that guests of Royal Star Beach Resort can use Empire Beach (next door hotel)

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Food was nice, location was nice, room was always kept clean, quite a bit of bother on the beach for the first day or so but at least they took no for an answer.

Member of the animation team, "Nono", didn't understand the definition of the word "no". He consistently made my girlfriend feel uncomfortable to the point of where she had to tell him straight to go away and leave her alone. Of course this didn't stop him carrying on for a further 3 days or so. It was like having an annoying infant making sure you couldn't have a relaxing holiday.

Great value for money, just a lot of unwanted attention from some irritating individuals

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jackhughes452
Lusine S, e-commerce at Royal Star Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2018

Dear jackhughes452
We apologize for our animation team, kindly be assure that your remark will be addressed to the management of animation team